Thread: Need 800 HP!
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #2
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelortiz View Post
ok, i own a 1997 limited edition toyota supra with after market products. it has a 2jzgte Twin turbo engine, modified to big single turbo A/R 70 garret turbo, Greddy management system and stock intercooler (wanted to keep my a/c lol) its making about 500hp as is. my goal is to get it to 800 hp and needless to say i need help i dont know what to do i figure i need a bigger turbo and fuel injectirs, Big intercooler and better management system, idk what brand to get or what else to add could somone help me out?
First and foremost, who told you that you need to get rid of your a/c if you get an aftermarket front-mount intercooler? I'm serious - let me know so I can ... properly educate them about the evils of spreading misinformation.

Now, down to business:
  1. Was your Supra originally a TT? I'm pretty sure the "Limited Edition"s were all TT's, but please confirm.
  2. 6spd or auto?
  3. The a/r of the turbo isn't anywhere as important as its inducer measurement. Are you sure it's 70 a/r and not 70mm? This is the first time I've heard someone spec a turbo by only quoting the a/r.
  4. What kind of fuel are you running? The biggest turbo, injectors and intercooler, with the fanciest engine management system will all do you absolutely no good whatsoever if you're running them on pump gas and low boost.
  5. When you say "800hp", you know that means 800hp at the crank, right? In other words, your rwhp will be significantly less than that due to drive line losses.
  6. Most importantly, what is your application? Roadracing (i.e. what the Mkiv Supra TT was designed to do)? Drifting? Autocross? Heaven-forbid: drag racing? High speed runs? Daily driver? Show car? Immediate resale? Chick magnet? etc.
We can get you to 800hp, with no issue whatsoever. Reliably, too. I can even guarantee it. But you have to be prepared to follow our advice, including what fuel to run. Agreed?

Last but not least, I need to keep you safe too. Please be prepared to invest in things like wider rims, better brakes, traction control, and possibly a clutch-type LSD, so that 800hp doesn't throw you into a tree or oncoming traffic. These investments will also help you put the power to the ground, instead of sitting there spinning (unless all you want to do is win burnout competitions). Make sense?

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 12-15-2012 at 08:21 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote