View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #13
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by consol1 View Post
Ok Let me give you some more information. Thanks for the link to E85 locations. If the car was going to stay in Las Vegas, that might be an option. The car will spend most of it's time in SoCal, so that is an issue according to the link you provided.

I agree that I will be disappointed with the performance of 91 octane once we try it. I am positive you are correct that I will want to run race full all the time after I put in in that tank. But we are looking at $9 plus dollars a gallon.

I want this to be able to have daily drivability on the street. Yes I want it to be some what of a sleeper. It is red and will be blacked out with Ridox side skirts, Trial rear, HKS replica carbon lip, 98 front bumper, 98 lights,(front and Back), painted carbon oem hood, painted carbon hatch, all lexan(tented) windows and no wing. I will shave approximately 340 plus lbs with some other mods.

Drag racing is the main focus but I will have an adjustable suspension so I could take the occasional winding road. I want to surprise the un aware muscle and exotic guys. Harmless fun. This car in my mind is perfect for this.

I understand we don't have to build up the tranny but if I am going to 650 plus WHP with a big turbos and race fuel, changing the torque converter stall speed sounds likely. I am very very hesitant about water injection. I have had serveral bad experiences with the two top of the line systems. Fried one 3RZ due to a failure(with all the redundant safety features).

E85 may be another option on another map(you are thinking there he goes again!!! dumping the stock ecu and making maps) There is no access to E85 where I'm at in the in SoCal (according to the link).

So to answer the questions:
-Max WHP 750 will probably make me happiest but I would settle for 650
-Drag with the occasional winding road cruse
-Somewhat of a sleeper
-I could possibly make E85 a reality with a little home work
-Harsh shifter no biggie
-I want to try to limit the wheel spin as much as possible(thinking sleeper)
-Cold start is no biggie
-More of a race car is acceptable for me but I still want it to be sleepy if possible
Ok thanks for the additional info. I'll mull over it for a bit and get back to you with some recommendations (or perhaps some additional questions).

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 11-22-2012 at 07:19 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote