Thread: Tires Rubbing
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 10:46 PM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Sure the offset could be the entire problem. Offset it the distance in mm from the mounting face (the area where the rim meets the brake rotor)to the center of the rim. So it's not just a magic number, the width of the rim plays a significant role too. For a rim that's 1cm wider than stock you'd have to have an offset 5mm lower than the stock offset of 37mm in order for the interior lip to remain the same distance from the suspension. Are those rims wider than the sawblades? Have you identified where it's rubbing?

Quick Google search and viola! http://kgm.tiwing.com/calcs/offsetcalc.htm

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you posted the wheel dimensions above already. Given those dimensions the offset isn't to blame, it's a number of factors including the drop, sidewall and offset. Are the tires rubbing the outer part of the fender? Rolling the fenders may be in order.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->

Last edited by cre; 11-18-2012 at 10:59 PM.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote