View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #9
Travis89Turbo
12psi boost

Travis89Turbo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
I hope you don't mind me tooting my own horn a bit, but I did suggest you should check the fuel pressure before replacing the fuel pump.

Regarding the FPR, I'd try with one from an Mkiv TT if it's a different part number and if it fits. You could even try a used one (yours is the first I've heard of one that has problems). Just a thought - do you think your fuel return line could be blocked/kinked/crimped in any way - that would raise fuel pressure regardless of how well your FPR works. You could always go to an aftermarket FPR (a lot more expensive, especially after the adapters, braided hose, etc.) if a different oem fpr doesn't do the trick.

To bad you don't have a fuel controller (eg. A'PEXi AFC) - you could just dial down the fuel at idle based on the higher fuel pressure, then the additional fuel would be available under boost. Capiche?
I actually have a friend sellin a AEM ems v2 for the ge for $1000 with COP setup and a gm 3 bar map. I've been consodering but I have spent a lot of money this year! Buying a 32ft boat didn't help either.

Like you I have never had a regulator go out on me and the Walbro 255 is cheap insurance. Not to mention was way cheaper then the fuel press. Kit I bought!

I was just lookin into the gte regulators from what I have read they are interchangeable. I will be ordering one in the next few minutes. Thanks for your help Phil!

I'll keep ya posted if this resolves my issue for good!

1995 Toyota Supra SE 71k miles. Master power T70
stock 2jzge

1989 Toyota Supra. 1jzgte swap 5 speed of course..
Driftmotion 60-1 single turbo kit. Cxracing FMIC. 2jz 550cc injectors... soon to come..... EMS Stinger. BC 264 cams 680cc injectors Spec stage 4 clutch and A LOT of boost!------SOLD

1999 Ford F350 diesel

2004 Jaguar XJR Supercharged

If it hasnt broke you haven pushed it hard enough!!

Last edited by Travis89Turbo; 09-14-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Travis89Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote