View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #6
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis89Turbo View Post
Well after driving the car today I finally got a check engine light- Code 26= running rich. So Im leanin towards possibly a fuel regulator. Checking the fuel pressure on the GE is hell due to all the egr and related parts being above the feed line. I looked around for another port before the regulator but see nowhere else to go other then the banjo on the fuel sender but that is far from accurate.
What about an inline T sensor adapater right after the fuel filter? That's where we splice in on the MKIV TT...
Quote:
...I bypassed the turbo system and hooked up the afm directly to the intake mani with all vac lines hooked up. Fired it up, but still idled badly so I went back to find a vac line from the Bov still un capped....
Speaking of BOV do you have the output of the BOV routed to atmosphere or is it routed back into the intake system? If the main BOV itself is leaking, that could explain your rich condition (since the air ejected through the BOV has already been metered by the MAF)...
Quote:
Oops! Then my great friend of mine without asking me unhooked my battery clearing the code so the cel went out. Not what I wanted to do. I wanted to see if the light would go out on its own.

Anyways, fired it up and it running rich right now with the cel cleared.

Afrs now at idle are 13.0-13.8 and at 1500 rpm no load afrs go to 11.8-12.5. And runs smooth no hesitation at all. But I'm sure as soon as I went down the road it would start droppin off lean again.

Any ideas greatly appreciated! The current set up jerry rig intake I made does not allow me to close the hood at all so I'm working on another setup to drive with. But those afr do not sound right to me.
Agreed.
Quote:
...I pulled the 4 runner cap off today to look at the spark trace on the cap poles, everything looked good. I am lookin in to getting a fuel pressure gauge if that checks out I will be doin a compression test aswell as leak down test. Really hoping there is a fuel problem thou!
Are you still planning to replace the oem distributor cap, just as a test?

Also, a short run with no hood shouldn't be too big of an issue, right?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc00436_small.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	4688   Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc00347_small.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	4689   Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc00437_small.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	4691  

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 09-14-2012 at 01:29 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote