View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #5
Travis89Turbo
12psi boost

Travis89Turbo is on a distinguished road

Well after driving the car today I finally got a check engine light- Code 26= running rich. So Im leanin towards possibly a fuel regulator. Checking the fuel pressure on the GE is hell due to all the egr and related parts being above the feed line. I looked around for another port before the regulator but see nowhere else to go other then the banjo on the fuel sender but that is far from accurate.

I bypassed the turbo system and hooked up the afm directly to the intake mani with all vac lines hooked up. Fired it up, but still idled badly so I went back to find a vac line from the Bov still un capped. Oops! Then my great friend of mine without asking me unhooked my battery clearing the code so the cel went out. Not what I wanted to do. I wanted to see if the light would go out on its own.

Anyways, fired it up and it running rich right now with the cel cleared.

Afrs now at idle are 13.0-13.8 and at 1500 rpm no load afrs go to 11.8-12.5. And runs smooth no hesitation at all. But I'm sure as soon as I went down the road it would start droppin off lean again.

Any ideas greatly appreciated! The current set up jerry rig intake I made does not allow me to close the hood at all so I'm working on another setup to drive with. But those afr do not sound right to me.

I pulled the 4 runner cap off today to look at the spark trace on the cap poles, everything looked good. I am lookin in to getting a fuel pressure gauge if that checks out I will be doin a compression test aswell as leak down test. Really hoping there is a fuel problem thou!

1995 Toyota Supra SE 71k miles. Master power T70
stock 2jzge

1989 Toyota Supra. 1jzgte swap 5 speed of course..
Driftmotion 60-1 single turbo kit. Cxracing FMIC. 2jz 550cc injectors... soon to come..... EMS Stinger. BC 264 cams 680cc injectors Spec stage 4 clutch and A LOT of boost!------SOLD

1999 Ford F350 diesel

2004 Jaguar XJR Supercharged

If it hasnt broke you haven pushed it hard enough!!

Last edited by pwpanas; 09-14-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Travis89Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote