View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
Travis89Turbo
12psi boost

Travis89Turbo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
Apologies for the delayed response...and thank you for posting your question.

To begin with, please note that I'm much more familiar with the 2jz-gte...so you may take my advice with a grain of salt.

Here goes:
Just offhand, this doesn't seem like a great idea. Is there any way you could re-route the intake pipe to completely clear the distributor? Also, is the 4 runner cap a standard solution for an na-T Mkiv?
Is your Supra an Mkiv? If not, this question may be in the wrong section...

What spark plugs are you using? How long have the spark plugs been installed?

Fwiw, I don't think it's the fuel pump. You should check the fuel pressure before replacing the fuel pump. If anything, replace the fuel *filter* first.

That's it off the top of my head, for starters. Please let me know your thoughts about these suggestions, and any updates you have for us.

Take care,
Phil

Yes my car is a 95 mk4 SE na. I have not yet updated my signature.

Spark plugs (Bosch copper super plus 7956 gap at .028) were changed when I built the new MSD spark plug wires. Old ones were in great shape but did show a lean condition due to this problem. Also when I changed to the new plugs I bought another 4runner cap this one from 91 as the 92 had the lock tabs for the factory supra wires and the new wires are the slip on style like the 91 4 runner which match the ends of the 8.5mm low resistance MSD wires..

Both yrs of The 4 runner cap are very successful and idely used solution to clear a the turbo intake. I got the idea from Club Na-T FAQ. The only other solution is to run a 7m cps and COP which requires intense more amount of modification.

Also note that after I replaced the Cap for the second time with new proper working spark plug wires my AFR went even leaner. Almost maxing out my AEM Uego.

Fuel filter has been replaced 5k miles ago.

I have also considered the thought of maybe a bad batch of fuel.

Update--- Installed fuel pump and no change.

What are your thoughts on pullin the turbo and manifold off plugging the oil feed and drain putting na header back on and then trying to trouble shoot. A lot of time I kno but am sick of dumping money and getting nowhere.

1995 Toyota Supra SE 71k miles. Master power T70
stock 2jzge

1989 Toyota Supra. 1jzgte swap 5 speed of course..
Driftmotion 60-1 single turbo kit. Cxracing FMIC. 2jz 550cc injectors... soon to come..... EMS Stinger. BC 264 cams 680cc injectors Spec stage 4 clutch and A LOT of boost!------SOLD

1999 Ford F350 diesel

2004 Jaguar XJR Supercharged

If it hasnt broke you haven pushed it hard enough!!

Last edited by pwpanas; 09-12-2012 at 02:04 AM.
Travis89Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote