View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 03:44 AM   #12
Codyjamesuno
3" Exhaust

Codyjamesuno is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
It was:
1) Nothing to do with the bump stops. What do they mean "were not cut right"? If they're talking about cut...from the factory..., then they're either ignorant of or inappropriately implying some sort of poor quality control at Toyota. Insanity. Within a fraction of a millimeter, every Mkiv Supra Turbo bump stop is exactly the same. However, if they're suggesting that someone modified the oem bump stops, firstly that would be silly and secondly bump stops only come into effect when you hit bumps and the suspension bottoms or tops out - i.e. not when the car is just sitting there on a flat surface. Because of this I can't help but thinking the shop you're taking the car to isn't qualified to do the work.
2) Most likely the problem has to do with how the suspension was torqued after the install. Anyone working one the car MUST follow the steps in the TSRM to adjust the suspension. This involves snugging the bolts, putting on the wheels taking the car off the lift, bouncing it up and down, putting it back up on the lift, and then loosening and re-tightening the bolts. Again, to make this easy, make sure anyone working on your Supra has the TSRM. It's that simple.
3) There is a small chance the frame on your Supra is slightly bent/twisted. How well do you know your Supra's vehicle history? If you're 100%+++++ sure that the suspension bolts were tightened, torqued and adjusted perfectly according to the steps in the TSRM then you may want to take it to a frame shop to get laser-checked.
As for the history , it only had two owners before me & according to car fax it was never involved in a wreck. TSRM, guessing that means the Supra Repair Manual? I trust the shop I take it to as ive known them for years & they do allot of work with newer supra's & imports. I will talk to them tuesday & mention what you have told me and report back to you what he says.

Thanks
Codyjamesuno is offline   Reply With Quote