View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 12:09 AM   #14
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedor View Post
Thanks again! Still waiting for the VIN from him. If a stock supra got 160 000 Miles on it, how bad is that? I dont know how good or bad the car have been serviced or driven...

/Fredrik
Service/maintence records are critical. If it's been driven hard, 160K miles will likely mean some significant maintence. Things like the oem coils and the oem harmonic dampener will likely need replacing, along with the standard items shown in the owner's manual (eg. timing belt). The turbos likely won't be able to push 24psi or more like brand-new oem twins will (with the appropriate octane of race fuel, of course). Again, be sure to do compression/leakdown tests to measure the health of the engine itself.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.