View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 08:45 PM   #3
Codyjamesuno
3" Exhaust

Codyjamesuno is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
Eibach springs do sit lower in the rear than the front. They didn't go bad - that's completely normal for them.
Regardless, thank you for the information about H&R springs. Glad you find them to be workable for your application.You can adjust it yourself, as long as you're sure that you're always running a sufficient octane of fuel in your tank to match whatever boost setting you put into the boost controller.That depends entirely upon the exact fuel that you're running in the tank. With USA-spec 93 octane (calculated using (R+M)/2), you can safely run 16psi with the oem ecu's ignition timing curve. Anything more than that and your 2jz-gte's compression numbers will deteriorate over time. Anyone who tells you differently should offer to replace the engine if you follow their advice and the engine gets damaged.With 91 octane fuel, it's probably 15psi or less. I'd recommend a 1.0 bar limit (~14.5psi)

Have you considered methanol injection?
No they went bad, i'm not talking about the difference in the front and rear, i am talking about the height of the car, in the front, the car sat over a 1/2 inch higher on the passenger side of the car then on the drivers side, the springs went bad, they were 17 years old i'm guessing they were bad when I put them on thats why they were not on the car when I purchased it. The new H & R seem to ride much nicer then my old springs. Thanks for the boost help, thats pretty much what I was thinking just figured Id ask.

im guessing the methonal injection is pretty pricey, i did consider it on my bike, but never went through with it, you recommend it to be safe?
Codyjamesuno is offline   Reply With Quote