View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 02:09 AM   #23
mechrider89
3" Exhaust

mechrider89 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandrade View Post
no doubt in my mind that our jap machines pretty much whoop american cars. dont get me wrong i love american cars as much as the next guy but i belive japan has the better car. i belive just untill recently american was an inferior desihn but they are getting alot better, i really just wish we could have a 80's and 90's japanes revolution again thoes where golden years, i love our import's but seriously what has come out of japan recently that is amazing( besides the toyota ft and the brz, lexus lfa and new skyline and 370z) i belive our companys are financaly stronger but we have lost some of our appeal, we really need to get back to our roots; a new supra( hope to god they dont butcher any of these) 300zx ext...

imo we are giving american musle to much breathing room, we need to make them nervous again, if a new supra came out that was not butcherd to hell i would more than likely put a down payment onto it but dont see that happening any time soon
Totally agree with you. Even before the 80's the Japanese were putting soul into their cars (prime example is the skylines), and now they've seem to have lost that edge.....well until the Fr's/BRZ/GT86 came out. If they do remake the supra (which I'm sure will happen) I REALLY hope they don't kill it like Nissan did to the skyline and well the z models; which lost it after the 300zx.
I honestly don't hate american cars, yes they do suck but they occasionally make a good one. I just hate the arrogant drivers who don't know what a good car is (A.K.A pro Americana ppl), those people are the only people that ever piss me off. Screw the v8 this v8 that bull shit as me and my friends say "god invented turbos to give v8's a chance". people are so twisted with the "if it isn't putting out over 350hp the car sucks" bs. The fr's is a damn fine example of that, it wont win in a straight line but on track it's going to dominate.