Thread: Supra Convert
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
Hybridtheory
Stock

Hybridtheory is on a distinguished road
Default Supra Convert

Hi All,

My first post on here. I'm from New Zealand, and I currently drive a Nissan Skyline GTS-25t. I've had it for about 7 years now and I absolutely love it, esp the growl of it when at full throttle. I've done a few mods to it and its currently putting out 275kw @ the wheels and around 460Nm.

You must be thinking, wtf is this guy doing on a Supra forum!? lol, well. Right now, im considering selling my car this year, and actually upgrading to a RZ Supra. I was thinking of upgrading to an R33 GTR, but, fact is, you cant really bring out the true potential of one on the streets(not that you would want to though!). Also, owning a GTR means you need an extra 15k spare incase it pops.

I have alot of my mates who have GTR's and a few 2jz gte's too, all being track setup. I have found that to make a GTR track spec and reliable, you need to spend some money. I guess my point being that the stock gtr cannot sustain high hp for very long, BUT when you do put some money into it, hardly anything comes close to it on the track. I have a good friend whos running around 440awkw, roll caged, track spec, and that thing is PHENOMENAL! It is so fast around tracks that it scares me.

Anyway! I have been reading up on the Supra, and I notice that it is able to withstand stupid amounts of power from the stock motor. I hear claims of some people dipping into the 4 digit mark on dyno's(pending reliability)

Aparently the "weap" point in a 2jz gte is the wrist pin? What are the "weak" points of a 2jz gte please?

Main reason for that question - is that my next car will have around 500hp @ the wheels. If thats in a GTR, it will def mean an N1 block, forged internals etc etc(around 15-20k), but aparently, a 2jzgte is able to make that reliably?

I have read numerous posts on here, and other forums

PS - Supra forums wont let me join!!! hasnt sent me a confirmation email!!

Thanks people!
Hybridtheory is offline   Reply With Quote