View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #9
interested!
3" Exhaust

interested! is on a distinguished road
Question vibration at idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeDiem View Post
No, not misfire. Has been vibrating for more than 3 years now and have had it serviced regularly incl tuneups/spark plugs etc. 154K miles now.
Don't even know what TT or N/A means (I said I was no car guy). I can have compression checked. I had one mechanic this week suggest drive shaft bearings (?) which is what led me to a forum for other opinions before I blow $ on that possible fix. One mechanic replaced harmonic balancer- no resolution to problem. So bad sometimes I have to shift into neutral at stops because it will drive my ears crazy.
Damn... I love my Supra but it's gonna vibrate itself to death.
Hi! interesting point made about shifting into neutral at stops -does the vibration stop then? or is reduced ? , if so , have you checked the fluid level in your transmission? , you did say it was an automatic , , the flywheel / torque converter may be out of balance and the fluid is re-distributed as the engine speeds up and vibration reduces ,whatever is causing the low speed vibration is moving at speed and the centre of rotation is restored ( vibration removed ) , an odd point of interest but feasable if all other engine related points are eliminated .Question? have you lost a tooth on your starter ring gear on your flywheel/ the fluid may be compensating for the out of balance ?.

Last edited by interested!; 06-11-2012 at 10:33 AM. Reason: extra info / question ?
interested! is offline   Reply With Quote