View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 11:54 PM   #1
Wileyk24
Stock

Wileyk24 is on a distinguished road
Default Coolant Reservoir Overflowing

Hi guys,

Just did a major tune up on my 87 supra turbo. Plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter, valve cover gaskets, etc. I even replaced all the air and coolant hoses in the car. I went with the ebay silicone hose kit which has 26 hoses in it. Overall I am happy with the quality of the hoses, leapyears ahead of my 25 plus year old factory hoses(so please don't flame over the ebay purchase). My car is bone stock.

So, with everything finished, my car keeps spitting coolant out of the overflow bottle. I have no signs of overheating(temperature guage is steady, stays in the middle, and never goes high or bounces around). I got a block test kit and tested my engine twice, both times no signs of a BHG.

So I assume I have to burp the system. I have heard all about it. Problem is when I try to burp the system I am not getting any air bubbles, just coolant pulsing slowly up and down and coming out of the radiator cap(when the cap is off). First I tried burping the car on my car ramps. Then I tried jacking the car even higher with my floor jack. Neither way seems to produce any difference in effect. Even did all of the above with the heater on full blast just in case.

What should I do? Car drives great, no smoke from my tailpipe, I am stumped.

Kris
Wileyk24 is offline   Reply With Quote