Old 06-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #9
rr0621
Stock

rr0621 is on a distinguished road
Default Same Issue - 82 Supra

<- im going crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiccups View Post
((Sorry, I made the same post a few days ago and got a few answers, but I decided to make a fresh-more clear one. I was told to check the igniter coils, where exactly are they? And what do i look for?))

When I start it in the morning (or when it hasn't been run for the day), it will never start the first time. I can't remember if it ever has. BUT it will almost ALWAYS start the second try. Lately though, it seems to be having a harder time. It still starts the second turn over, but it almost sounds like its on the verge of dying (so i give ti some gas), but doesn't quite die. ITS definitely getting worse, and near dying.

Also, it will usually start if you turn it off and back on again quickly after its been running (but that could be expected).

I'm guessing this is gradual and eventually it wont start (then i might be able to diagnose the problem). But I cant really keep driving it till it dies...

BOTTOM LINE. It almost never starts after its been driven for 20 minutes, then stopped. If I wait a while, it usually starts (like 20 or more minutes tho). This leaves me stranded sometimes.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or do you think you know what it is?

(Its an 87 turbo btw)

I am having the same issue, My car sounds GREAT when running but once it stalls (sometimes during driving) it wont start again. Cranks and will EVENTUALLY turn over but only if i hold the gas peddle down, wont go above 100 rpms, as soon as i let go of gas peddle it will die. my car is in no reliable condition right now and i need it to get to work. someone please help me, i have replaced spark plugs, full tank of gas,

Issue first started after putting too much oil in the car, went through the process of cleaning it out and my MECHANIC said it should be running great just needs to be driven, but it seams to get worse and worse, and now HE HAS NO CLUE and gives up.....
rr0621 is offline   Reply With Quote