View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #10
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastsupra View Post
Yeah you are right. so then do you know a good turbo that is waterless and quick spool valve compatible that will give me my 650rwhp goal?
Again, if you don't mind me asking, why waterless? A water-cooled turbo is significantly more reliable. The penny-pinching Toyota accountants wouldn't have allowed water-cooled oem twins if it wasn't fiscally beneficial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastsupra View Post
...Along with the turbo kit and everything that will come with it, what else will I be needing to upgrade in order to run 650rwhp? I currently have 750cc injectors with a top feed, greddy 3 row FMIC, boost controller and the snow stage 3 methanol injection kit. I am looking at getting an AEM standalone when I buy the turbo kit. Is there anything else that I will need to upgrade?
1) Why didn't you get a complete fuel system? Those injectors are useless without all of the extra plumbing, pumps, fittings, relays, wiring, brackets, etc.
2) You don't need an AEM to run only 650rwhp.
3) If you're getting an AEM 100% for sure (for whatever reason), then get it installed and running perfectly with the oem twins first. Then put on the 100% complete fuel system and get that working with the AEM. After that put on the turbo kit. If you make all of the changes at once, among other things troubleshooting will be a nightmare.

You can run 650rwhp just fine with the oem maf and a simple 'piggyback' fuel controller. If anything, there's too much on your list already, other than the need for wider rims and tires to handle the additional horsepower (unless you want to just sit there spinning instead of going fast). Oh, the oem clutch won't handle 650rwhp. Let me know if you have any questions about clutch upgrades.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 05-04-2012 at 01:03 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote