View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #12
Ranma
12psi boost

Ranma is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by I h8 Hondas View Post
I wasn't being entirely serious there. If I had the cash I would have fixed it already and been driving it instead of my Jeep. I don't have the means of fixing the core support (well I guess I do but they involve trees and tow straps, maybe a truck or tractor, and are likely to do mare harm than good) so I would have to take it to a body shop, which costs money that I don't have.

I would love to get it road worthy again but my dad wants it out of his shed and I don't have anywhere to put it while I get the funds rounded up.

Ranma, if you're talking about insurance money I used it to buy my Jeep. What do you want more pics of? I'll take some when I get home if I don't forget.
More of the bent support. Got to look at my guy tonight but think that part can be removed. If I had the oven could do it my self. Would need to do a hardness check, if it is 1\4 hard it would surprise me. Step 1 make it malleable to repair. second straighten it out. Then heat it to remove stress and finally heat treat to desired hardness.

Not sure how much it would cost though perhaps you could get a aircraft mechanic school to use it as practice.

Why on Earth would you want a Jeep in Florida?