View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 02:58 AM   #16
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awyman18 View Post
yup like i said up above........u can find the 1jz parts, but there going to cost u a fortune..and ive always been lucky cre, but jeez bash all u want on my communications skills (i personally think there fine) but at least i don't come across a self righteous dick...ANYWHO..

They're, not there. They are fine = They're fine. I really only mentioned it that time because I couldn't understand what you were trying to communicate and I usually don't have that problem with your posts. I was hoping you might put a little more effort into communicating with the rest of us in order to avoid confusion. I'm also well aware that we have a number of people who don't speak English or it's not their native language and it can be frustrating at times.. If that's the case, I'm sorry. I got spiky I'll try to ask for clarification in the future with a more gracious demeanor.

Yep... This here self righteous, red-necked dickhead got through school too. I don't deny being a dick sometimes... Almost everyone's here for a free handout, don't do any of this for a living, have seldom done more than changed their own oil (and half of them fuck that up and crush the oil pan weep), think the alternator is a turbo (yup, it's happened) but they are all more than happy to argue about everything and almost never contribute anything more than a superiority complex thereafter. But at least I can throw them out after the novelty wears off. It's good to be the King. (Well, I suppose it's more "Roman Senator" as there are a few of us and our seldom seen but well revered Caesar who is away conquering distant lands.) I don't think think I know everything though... I am very opinionated, but I know many people far better educated than I and, quite frankly, I am envious of them from time to time. Regardless, the point stands that I spend so much time on here that it might as well be a second job, just because for some weird reason I don't want to imagine a thousand MKIIIs stuck on the side of their road while their teenage owners try pouring oil in the radiator because the think it's the "oil reservoir" (YUP, seen that too). So, if I get a bit punchy, call you on something I think is a problem or incorrect or just rub you the wrong way well... Feel free to speak up but don't be surprised when I don't send flowers.

Back to our regularly scheduled program:
You will have a hard time finding 2JZ parts at AutoZone too... Which is a shame as a large number of the parts which need periodic replacement on the 1JZ and 2JZ are interchangeable. Anything else CAN be ordered through any Toyota dealer... Whether they're willing to or know how is the question. If you're completely rebuilding any Supra engine I should hope you're not buying anything more than RTV, belts, assembly lube, exhaust and intake gaskets from AutoZone (they do carry all of those for the 1 & 2JZ, just give them the 2JZ part number). The only parts that appear really hard to come by without paying a lot are new OEM turbos, factory exhaust manifold and intake manifold and head (guess what.... the 2JZ head fits the 1JZ and then you're open to a whole new world of goodies: intakes and headers and turbos and cams Oh My! ). They are more expensive and yes, for the initial rebuild parts will have to be ordered (I had to order parts for both of the last two 7M's I rebuilt) but once that's all said and done, no, most of the parts you'll ever need are NOT that hard to come by.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote