View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #5
I h8 Hondas
Stock

I h8 Hondas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandrade View Post
sad to hear another supra died, but this kind of stuff happens. im not profesonal pricer( far from it) but if i saw your car in its shape i would actualy consider buying it because it looks like minor damage( the part not so much the frame i assume) i would offer maby 1.2k for it since all the important parts look like they are there and dont seem to be that banged up.

doesent seem like its not to beat up for hitting a big sized deer maby replace the quarter pannel and frame damage. how sever is it or is it that insurance marked as a total loss

good to hear that it left a good impression on you, i love my mk3's flaws it gives it character
Deal. When can you pick it up? I don't think there's any frame damage. Everything still seems to line up like it did before and I didn't notice the handling being affected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
Is there any damage preventing it from running? All I see is a new fender, the radiator support needs straightened or a replacement welded in and new headlight. Oh yeah, and I see you mentioned the hood. What am I missing?

I've seen plenty of deer accidents... If he was big, he was a ballerina. You're lucky.
I drove it an hour home after I hit it and nothing out of the ordinary happened. Stayed cool (at least until I got onto my gravel road and had to go slow, I had to stop and let it cool) and everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma View Post
Looks like minor damage to me. Would want to take apart the front before making it final. About the overheating, have you checked out the fan clutch? I had a 85 Camero and the electric fan went out producing the same results. About the A/C, well it is time to start changing o rings.

Anyhow the Supra is not "totaled" to me. A bit of work and he will be back on the road.
It wouldn't have been totaled if State Farm didn't require estimating with new parts. Body shop said it was like $4000 in damage (that's buying all new parts though, stupid State Farm). Not sure how much it would be to just fix the core support. I could do the rest myself if I had enough money. Fan clutch was junk when I got it so I installed a 2500cfm electric fan and got it calibrated correctly. It helped but didn't solve the problem (I figured 2500cfm would be plenty). The A/C wouldn't be a big deal now if I could drive it. I replaced the evaporator core in my Cherokee so I'm not so afraid of tearing into A/C systems now. Nothing could be worse than getting to that stupid evap core in that Cherokee.

Last edited by I h8 Hondas; 04-21-2012 at 09:50 PM.
I h8 Hondas is offline   Reply With Quote