View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 12:23 AM   #1
I h8 Hondas
Stock

I h8 Hondas is on a distinguished road
Unhappy How much in my totaled mkIII worth?

Words cannot describe how much I hate the fact that I have to post this. I am actually getting a bit teary-eyed. I hit a deer at about a year and a half ago with my beloved Supra and, unfortunately insurance totaled it. Being a broke college student I put it in the shed and used the insurance money to buy a Jeep (at least it still has a straight 6, right?) since it wouldn't cover fixing the Supra. So it's been sitting in the shed for a year and a half and I've come to the ugly realization that between gas and maintenance for the Jeep and paying for college I won't be able to save enough money to fix it any time soon and my dad wants it out of his shed.

So anyway, the car is a 86.5 N/A with 161k on the clock. I put all of 3000 miles on it and had just changed the oil before I hit the deer. With the exception of the deer damaged panels the body is perfectly straight, no hail damage, door dings or anything. The under coat is excellent and there is no rust on the underside of the car. All glass is good. The interior could use some work. Climate controls, console lid, and door lock covers need replaced. There are a few stains in the seats (not that kind, get your head out of the gutter, me being 6'5" makes that impossible anyway) and carpet and the driver's seat has one cigarette hole from the previous owner. The vinyl on the dash has shrunk up a bit. The headliner is perfect. It comes with a Kenwood head unit and remote (not sure what model) with an amp and a 10" Alpine subwoofer (I covered it to protect it from sun damage).

The car ran good and silky smooth except for its tendency to get warm if you had go <25mph for very long. I have a thermostat sitting on my desk that was going to be put in over that weekend had I not hit the deer. It has new shocks, brake rotors, and pads with less than 4k on them. The tires are good. The A/C won't hold a charge for more than a couple weeks.

Now for the deer damage. It pretty much took out the whole right front corner of the car. He came out of a field at full sprint and I had no time to react. I just stomped the brakes and locked them up and pushed the front end when I tried to steer to the rear. If I hadn't locked them up I would have missed him, but I hit him doing about 50-55mph. Ruined the right headlight, bumper, right front fender, the hood, and bent the radiator core support a bit (he was a big boy).

Here are some pics of her as she sits now.

The worst rust on the whole car.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. This will not be my last Supra. I WILL own another at some point. This one left too good of an impression on me even though it was far from perfect.

Last edited by I h8 Hondas; 04-21-2012 at 12:27 AM.
I h8 Hondas is offline   Reply With Quote