View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #18
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandrade View Post
a mr2 is a light body whith a really good motor, and superb handaling( imo a WAY better verson of miata) why mess whith it? and how would you ever stuff a 2jz into a mr2
There are a couple 3S-GTE Supras. One was clocked at 190MPH on a public highway somewhere... made big news. That was the same guy who got banned from ever driving in England for pulling a similar stunt with an RB26 swapped Supra there. Top Secret made a monster that put down over 700RWHP. Keep in mind that the 3S-GTE is very much like a 2JZ with 2 cylinders cut off.

Anyway, we're WAY off target now, it's my fault, my apologies. My point was simply that there are more reliable options which are far more nimble (which you really want for autocross) which can make a lot of power. As for the argument of the 1JZ or 2JZ being able to make 1000RWHP.... well, yeah, but it doesn't help here that's more of a drag race advantage. Building an autocross car for that kind of power is just throwing your money in the wrong place.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote