View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 05:25 AM   #5
jzzrs180
Stock

jzzrs180 is on a distinguished road

Ok cool So talking stock MKIV TT here for a sec, I mentioned air:fuel ratio because for example, if a sports car uses increased air (the twins) to increase the cylinder pressure, you would need a high octane gas like 93 to be able to ignite it at the right time, and burn that off efficiently. But I guess what you are saying is, (if I have you right), that if I were to manage a good bpu I wouldn't have to worry about air:fule ratio because your the ecu reads your increased air automatically and auto corrects your fuel consumption? (Please bare with me LOL) So then, can you explain how and where do I get this mixture of higher octane fuel, and is it stored in the main fuel cell together? What is that ratio lol? sounds like a pain in the ass to fill up..ha. I always thought 93 was good enough..(BTW I collected all my questions for ya at the bottom)

Do you mind diving into the adjustable cam gear thing a little more for me if you don't mid. My understanding was controlling the cam gears with opening n closing of the valves in relation to TDC is basically how to improve hp, but why? Because you're allowing more fuel and air in longer before TDC? If so why is the exhaust gear more important to adjust, and what are the popular degree(s) for a bpu, with say.. 15psi?

As for the Paxton system, saw it on this guys youtube upgrade vid I believe and again somewhere else..BUT, I will take your word for it!! LOL, what are your top 3 favorite systems or the 3 most popular?

And to clarify the thermometer thing, sorry I was saying I thought if you increase your hp past say 500hp that you would have to upgrade your cooling system, which includes radiator, water pump, piping, probably your fmic, and the thermometer, along with the fuel system, fuel lines, pump, filter, injectors..Since the stock system has trouble keeping up with the added power. Am I correct?

Yes it's intelligence (ECTi), that I knew, and my guess is that it just means better response with your throttle at low and high rpms.. I just wanted a more clear understanding if you could clarify better.

Again:
2) What kind of fuel do you plan to run? If you limit yourself to 93 octane ((R+M)/2), then you'll be limiting yourself to about 15psi of boost with the oem twins and the oem ecu.

Well since today I was not aware that 500hp, 600hp, etc. upgrades required higher than 93 octane fuel..naive me!! This is what I pulled off of Wikipedia--"Racing fuels, avgas, liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), and alcohol fuels such as methanol, may have octane ratings of 110 or significantly higher. Typical "octane booster" gasoline additives include MTBE, ETBE, isooctane and toluene". So again how, and where, and at what ratio do I make this fuel work for me?

8) What is your horsepower goal? 800rwhp? If so, that ain't happenin' on pump gas lol.

I saw somewhere that a guy was running high horsepower on a flex fuel mix, know anything about that? He had a youtube vid and all, him at the gas pump filling up 85 with a gauge, and then filling the rest with another fuel..And yes I eventually wanted to reach the 7's or 8's in hp, or until I'm satisfied with where I'm at. Listening and learning from pros like you will help me get a better understanding of my goals. I must say though, it is a craft I want to someday master!

9) Do you intend to stay with the oem twins or go to a single turbo? About 450rwhp is max (6spd) with the stock twins, so I guess they're out. Right?

For a bpu, idk... i guess see as I go? Eventually I'd like to hit those higher horse numbers like I already mentioned, but do I have to then switch to a single? I have seen most nutty 1000hp Sup's (or some with a little less) possess single turbos, but also heard/seen a few that maintained upgraded twins as well, is that unnecessary because of cost to stay with twins? One of my ultimate goals is a strong, quickly responsive powerband all the way through with as little lag as possible starting at low rpm, yet still able to drive it like a regular stock toyota Somehow that still screams twins to me..! And I heard you can achieve these goals in the 700's still when talking horsepower.. So to answer your last question, it's definitely not drifting or drag racing, or autocross I desire. I'd say between weekend driving, and road racing, kinda like a "cheetah", bursts of insanity when I want, but mostly daily lounging around like if I was driving a KIA lol, so smooth.. With road racing upgrades where does that get me in top speed, because I do miss 155mph! LOL used to have a street bike..ha, and boy did I test that thing..Oh and btw I have to have an auto not a six speed, not because I couldn't find one or preference. Because I had a serious motorcycle accident when I was 23, i'm 28 now, that it put me in a manuel wheel chair..whack I know! Yet kinda ironic considering the manuel thing, ha ha.. But I would install a simple hand control for the Sup like i have now in my current car. I Could always dive anything, "just give me a day", I'd say lol. Used to drive stick shift in my sleep, that was the only way to go but now it's not an option....Anyway, I read that the oem auto tran can handle up to 500hp and no more, true?

Also I read that all systems are controlled by an integrated engine management system (ems), consisting of a main engine control module (ecm) and several peripheral electronic control units (ecu) for the ancillary systems. How does the obdII play into that system, and if I were to upgrade to a AEM ems, how does that work with the rest of the system, i.e. ecu, ecm? Thanks for the response and the help so far btw!

1.can you explain how and where do I get this mixture of higher octane fuel, and is it stored in the main fuel cell together? What is that ratio?

2.why is the exhaust gear more important to adjust, and what is the popular degree(s) for a bpu, say.. 15psi?

3.what are your top 3 favorite fuel systems or the 3 most popular?

4. Complete upgraded coolant and fuel systems past 500hp, but with lower horses I'm ok with oem? flex fuel mix (85)?

5. How does the obdII (on-board dia.) play a role into that Sup's ems system, and if I were to upgrade to a AEM ems, how does that work with the rest of the system, i.e. ecu, ecm?

6. Say I make a bpu where I maintain about 15psi for now, where does the equate in relation to hp?

7. Pros n cons of single turbo and/or twins?

8. Stock auto tran can handle no more than 500hp?

Last edited by jzzrs180; 03-27-2012 at 12:45 PM.
jzzrs180 is offline   Reply With Quote