View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 09:54 PM   #18
iwantasupra
Stock

iwantasupra is on a distinguished road

Yeah, u're right...what I should do, is have them get a pic taken w/ the seller in the car, and one standing next to it...close enough to identify them. Then have them take a pic of two photo IDs and send them all to me. That'd be the way to do it. But yeah, 45psi...only 379rwhp? I have trouble believing that. It must be a really little turbo and heat soak like a mofo. And w/ that, it wouldn't surprise me if the head warped w/ boost running that high of a temperature. My stock turbo pushes 10.9psi stock, but u can push it to 16-17psi. After that, it heat soaks so bad b/c of its small size that anything over 17psi, u actually lose power. A fully functional one could push 30-45psi, but it'd melt the head in a heartbeat. Bigger turbo + lower boost = more power that's safer for ur engine. I've got a slightly bigger one on the way, and it's getting chipped for 17psi. W/ intake and exhaust, that should push well over 300bhp. Loses a lot to the front wheels tho thru the automatic. The 300ZX is a true twin turbo I'm pretty sure. Sequentially set up turbos are fairly new...but if u think about it, the Supra was very sophisticated for its year. 1993...6-speed. Can't think off the top of my head any other cars that had 6-speeds that early on. Well, I think the Fairlady Zs had 6-speeds, and possibly Corvettes, although I don't think so. And to build a straight 6 w/ 3.0 liters of displacement in 1993 that can hold up to 1000bhp on stock internals...amazing. That's...333bhp per liter. Stock turbos can push around 550-600bhp...I mean the Supra's a pretty amazing car. They didn't name it Supra for nothing. But for my budget...I mean, I'm 19 years old, so...I'm still in school and so forth. But my dad really likes the E36 M3s and '93-95 RX-7s, so he'd be willing to look into those, even if they cost more than what I get for mine. If I get the E36, it's 5-speed, got wheels and suspension, and 2-door. And I'll eventually turbo it. RX-7...TT 5-speed. All I'd really do is intake and exhaust and suspension. I wonder how much power the Wankels can handle stock? A guy I know that works at Volvo of Louisville used to have a T88 RX-7 w/ around 650rwhp. It was a beast. And his wife had a Monster Miata w/ a 302 putting down 500rwhp. That's less than 5 pounds per horsepower.

Last edited by iwantasupra; 10-13-2005 at 10:01 PM.
iwantasupra is offline   Reply With Quote