View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Removing the charcoal system is just a waste. Personally, if you like the space then put in a smaller canister from a Tercel and mount it in the fender. If you elect to leave it removed from the system make sure to thoroughly seal the line to the gas tank and replace the sealed gas car with a vented one (both of these will fail you on emissions in most states so if it's not a consideration, don't move. ).

That BVSV doesn't look like any Toyota BVSV I'm familiar with. The BVSV is part of the charcoal canister's system though, if you don't replace that then you don't need the BVSV. You can replace the BVSV with one from any Number of Toyotas you'll find at a salvage yard for a buck.... Or you can spend a fortune on a new one from Toyota, your call.

There is no switch on the 7M-GE or GTE which is suitable for an electric fan. You'll need to tap the thermostat neck or put a T in the heater hose line (AFTER THE HCV!!!) and install a proper thermostat. My recommendation (if you search the forum you'll find it often ) would be to ditch the electric fan, replace the fan cowl and install a lightweight flex fan and fan clutch. The switch is a bad idea on anything but a track car.

The nipples are for the PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) system... Removing them is an ignorant move, leaving them unfiltered it flat out stupid. The PCV system actively removes pressure from the crankcase by withdrawing unburnt fuel, water vapor (a byproduct of combustion), and caustic gases which seep past the piston rings. This suction can help the rings provide a better seal and help your oil and hardware last longer.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote