View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
Crop
Intake

Crop is on a distinguished road
Default supra NOOB question. plz help.

Hey, been here for a bit.. but finally getting back to my project 1987 7mgte. im about to get this thing on the road for further repairs that i cant do at my house... this car has an aftermarket fan installed but does not go on when car gets to temp.. the contol box for the fan has 2 slots that wires need to goto...fan was tested and works otherwise, question is ..what sensor @ the thermostat housing goes to the fan and kicks it on at the right temp??? a friend said "just hook it up to a switch" but i dont like that idea... also the BVSV has no vacum lines on it, charcoal canister is deleted along with A/C.. this guy plugged hoses i guess to bypass something...car runs fine, no codes at all, i just dont want an overheat...

i enclosed a pic of the broken bvsv and the name of the aftermarket fan "flex o lite"

another mystery to me is my valve covers have 1 open "nipples" on the back end of EACH them..looks like hoses belong there, i seen the proper setup but just dont know the name of the parts..

bare with me not knowing proper terminology as i do body work on yachts..im out of my league here...but i seem to be ok with working on my 2001 lex is300.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crops got talent 1465.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	4504   Click image for larger version

Name:	crops got talent 994.jpg
Views:	788
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	4505