View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 03:17 PM   #15
SupraMan1784
SP58GT

SupraMan1784 is on a distinguished road

nah...from the factory twin turbos came with 320bhp, and teh n/a came with...225bhp i wanna say...might be a little off, twin spools faster only because the setup comes as a smaller turbo then a larger turbo..therefore the smaller turbo spools up first creating boost..then teh larger turbo spools up creating more boost, a single large turbo will obviously take longer to spool up due to its size and weight, i forgot what the twin turbo setup is called theres a name for it..but its not important...i also know u can upgrade the twins to the same size so they engage at the same time...kind of acts like one big turbo except that you now have two...twin turbos are better for circuit and street use because they spool faster...therefore giving you more power in teh lower rpms...more control in teh corners...since once the boost engages in teh single..u get a kick...imagine getting a boost kick while in mid corner..its a little unstable...the single gives u all the power all at one time while the twin gives u power in two increments, ive seen twin turbo setups make over 1000hp... and the same with single turbo setups...but then again 1000hp on teh street is kind of useless...and itll eat a lot of gas...theres no point in having 1000hp on the street unless u plan on racing everyone you see....thats why people limit themselves to around 600-800whp...because its more practical for the street...you still ahve an enormous amount of power...but its more controllable, i dunno from what ive seen both setups are pretty easy to tune, theyre almost the same except that you can have more power in teh lower part of the powerband with the twin turbos...and make sure you dont get scammed by that dude in az...what car are u selling for 10.5g's? i hope this answers some questions
421whp 400(399) ft*lbs of torque on tap @ 15 psi

"Always outnumbered, never outgunned."
SupraMan1784 is offline   Reply With Quote