Thread: Rims
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 02:10 PM   #16
Codyjamesuno
3" Exhaust

Codyjamesuno is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
There are extreme differences in those different types of BFG tires, and some of those differences may explain your wheelspin.

Also, please be certain: it's not negativity - I'm trying to keep you alive, my friend...and your Supra in one piece too. With all of the misinformation floating around on the internet, as well as the vast differences in mechanical, driving, and automotive design experience of folks modifying their own cars, there are literally thousands of ways to do it dangerously wrong, and far fewer ways to do it right. $ don't save you either - you can spend a lot of $ and still get it completely wrong. If I make myself look like a complete d*ck to someone but save his/her life in the process, ...or save the life of someone else that is reading that forum, ....then to me the tradeoff is well worth it. Again, I'm definitely not trying to be negative, but there's no way I can avoid coming across as black-and-white critical when I learn of someone misinforming another forum member, or performing a modification that I know for sure is either dangerous or will definitely compromise the reliability of a Supra. In other words, I work hard to be crystal-clear and extremely specific about the advice I offer, look at each post from as many angles as is practical - and I take that all very, very seriously. I can offer my apologies for coming across as hard-nosed, critical, or even negative, but my apologies would be a bit hollow since I can't and won't shrink from my role of keeping this forum on the straight-and-narrow...so I guess that means maybe I shouldn't really apologize since I'm not intending to change? *shrug* Either way, I hope you now understand a bit more about where I'm coming from and why I respond the way that I do.

I do appreciate your posts, and the posts of all of the other members on this forum. Please accept my sincere wishes for a happy holiday season this winter.

the tires on the rear are .......BFG 275/35 ZR18 G-Force Sport

the tires on the front are.......Michelin 235/40 ZR18 Pilot Sport

I under stand there is a difference in a cheap tire and a crappy tire, I am suggesting the guy buy a cheaper tire, not a crappy tire. That's all.
Codyjamesuno is offline   Reply With Quote