Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Off Topic Forum

Old 01-25-2007, 01:26 AM   #11
burton51m
Lexus & 550's

burton51m is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isphius
Ok, So i got a dam $1039(way to fuckin excessive) fine back in june, for shooting a slingshot in the woods. I got arrested, they took my slingshot, gave me a court date, all that stuff. The judge treated me like a total asshole(I dont see why because I have no prior record) and gave me a deal, 50$ a week till its paid off, with a 200$ down payment kinda thing. Well shit got tight at home, i payed about 500$ of it, and I stopped, Cause I had to pay rent, bills, etc, And that 200$ a month was really hurting. Then I got a new job a few months back, and a promotion, Made some more money. This was over the course of the last few weeks. Since I stopped paying the fine, They suspended my license and issued a warrant for my arrest. I planned on just saving the 500 whatever dollars and paying it all at once, they didnt need to suspend my license. This is where the illegal and just plain ridiculous stuff starts. 2 nights ago, A cop pulled up behind me, while I was stopped at a red light. As soon as I started going, he pulled me over. He looked up my plates and saw the suspension. I thought the police had to have a reason to run your tags? I guess not. Then he calls me in, sees that I have a warrant out. So i goto jail, get a court date 2 weeks from now, And a receipt saying I paid the bail. The cops told me I take the receipt to the DMV on monday and get my license restored. I goto the DMV today. Not only do they charge me the 100$ restoration fee, But my license is still suspended untill the judge says I can drive again, Which is freakin 2 weeks from now. This is freakin ridiculous, Its all a scam to make money. I am now going to lose my job because I cant get to work, I cant get to school every day, Im gona get kicked out of my house, and get my car reposessed. All this for nothing that has to do with my totally clean, point free license in the first place. Which Is my point, Why is it legal for the court to take away my license just for a fine? Cant they do it the way, say, A credit card company does? They issue a bad credit report and sue you. I would be happy with that. Imagine if everyone you owed money could suspend your license, how much fun would that be, And then another totally different agency charges you 100$ to get it back when all they did was write a suspended license report into their file? Im so thouroughly pissed off and I have no idea what to do, So sorry for the long post. But if anyone has any advice, Please help. My entire life is screwed at the moment.
what a bunch of bullshit

did they get you on destroying property for the slingshot thing?

and supra2nr
that had to look funny..a cop pulling over a moped. i had a little mini bike and a goped that i rode all around my neighborhood. the cops would just tell me to take it home and not to ride it on the streets...

burton51m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:27 PM   #12
Supra2NR
1000whp postwhore

Supra2NR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
and supra2nr
that had to look funny..a cop pulling over a moped. i had a little mini bike and a goped that i rode all around my neighborhood. the cops would just tell me to take it home and not to ride it on the streets...
may i remind i was 16, and he askd for a drivers license,
i really had a blank look in my face, cuz i really had no idea

and then when i told him, nobody told me i needed one
he told me to get in the car, and when i said are you kidding
he told me to stop resisting, or he's gonna have to use force, or mace me
(i was 16 at the time)this happend in elmwood park
i forgot the cops name, but its in my head (picture-hate-memory)

Into Bikes now,, apparently the supra couldnt kill me, so my zx6 might lol
Supra2NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:01 AM   #13
burton51m
Lexus & 550's

burton51m is on a distinguished road

ya some cops are dicks. i would of thought he would have gave u a warning, but i know your attitude so that probably didnt help ether.

burton51m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 07:27 AM   #14
Isphius
500whp yet?

Isphius is on a distinguished road

well, I go to court tommorow to resolve all of this. I already got kicked out of college! luckily i get to keep my job, but now i have to wait 8 or 9 months to start school again. Thanks legal system!
Old 02-05-2007, 08:58 PM   #15
Supra2NR
1000whp postwhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by burton51m
ya some cops are dicks. i would of thought he would have gave u a warning, but i know your attitude so that probably didnt help ether.
I never had an attitude b4 this incident
After this is when I started to hate cops

I even used to wave at them everytime I see one
(I was a naive immigrant b4 this thing happend here)
Then I started to see the bad side of america

But now I brush up on my laws , and befriended sum nice cops
So everytime I get pulled over
I know what to say or answer
And I know what to expect and ask from them
Last ticket that I had was a year ago
Bcuz of a 10 over the limit, cuz I wasn't paying attention

Old 02-06-2007, 04:50 AM   #16
redmaro
walbro fp

redmaro is on a distinguished road
Angry

Some border patrol officers can also be a pain it the A, specially women.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:48 AM   #17
Supra2NR
1000whp postwhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmaro
Some border patrol officers can also be a pain it the A, specially women.
That's bcuz, I'm not saying all, but most female officers have more to prove than male officers
That's why they have to act like they have 24 7 pms problems

I mean tho, will you respect a paris-hilton-like officer?
When she realizes your car is stolen
All she says is "that's hot"?
Probly not

Old 02-08-2007, 04:56 PM   #18
the driver
Stock

the driver is on a distinguished road

the do the same crap in Washington state but here the will make you sit your fine out in jail at 30 bucks a day off your fine and if you have a suspended license the will impound your car for 30 60 or 90 days and you only have 5 days to pay the entire impound upfront or they sell your car which you dont get any of the money and you still sit in jail and o yea if you get the impound fee paid your car will sit in there for the time its supposed to be in there I had 500 dollars in fines i was driven home got pulled over taken to jail lost my job lost a cherry Mercedes 300d and spent two weeks in jail over 500 bucks
the driver is offline   Reply With Quote