Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Off Topic Forum

Old 03-02-2013, 01:04 AM   #1
Ranma
12psi boost

Ranma is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry jerk!

Some jerk rear ended my supra in the parking lot of the repair shop. The Blower Motor A/C Heater fan or something shorted out. I was coming by to check on it and noticed some meth head had hit the back right side. The owner of the shop says tough luck, called State Farm. So anyway whee will I get the middle lens? This really pisses me off!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:07 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to hear that. I would be really pissed off too. Was the car left at the shop to have work done?
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:19 AM   #3
Ranma
12psi boost

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. I would be really pissed off too. Was the car left at the shop to have work done?
Yes it was suppose to be done some time ago. I was a day late dropping off the car and he has been putting it off ever since. He said he was going to move it into the shop but was not done. I am at the end of my whits as do not have the time to do it myself. The 2 Toyota Shops in town are worthless.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:24 AM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

What work are you having done?

I'd check to make sure your state doesn't have laws limiting how much they can write off as far as damages go. In some cases their "not responsible for damages" statement isn't valid, such as when a car is left in their care or in a state where the owner cannot remove it until they finish the job... They may still have some, limited liability as far as the law is concerned.

I wouldn't just go to dealerships expecting them to know what they're doing, especially with old models. You should look around for a highly rated shop who deals with older imports and has seasoned staff (ie: they don't have all new mechanics every six months). You might find that you get better service and better work for less money.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 03-06-2013, 03:11 AM   #5
MJG
3" Exhaust

MJG is on a distinguished road

I doubt this will be of help, however, I have the right rear marker light assembly I will be glad to send you, free of charge, if you need it.
MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
Ranma
12psi boost

Talking

Thank you for the offer! I have secured the 2 tail lens and the cover for the license plate. Think it pissed me off more than the actual damage.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #7
Ranma
12psi boost

Angry Toyota Supra MK3 86.5-92 Rear Bumper E-Bar OEM

When the bumper cover was removed discovered this part was bent up. Oh I am so pissed off! If I catch the jerk will be tempted to turn him from rooster to hen!

BTW the garage is not at all responsible.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:49 PM   #8
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Ranma, you have the worst luck ever with shops.... You should build a business/website tracking down and identifying terrible autoshops. It would probably be a very popular site and you might even make some good money off of it. I'm sorry that's the case though, but hey find the good in the bad, right?

Tip Jar --->
Old 03-25-2013, 04:21 AM   #9
Ranma
12psi boost

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
Ranma, you have the worst luck ever with shops.... You should build a business/website tracking down and identifying terrible autoshops. It would probably be a very popular site and you might even make some good money off of it. I'm sorry that's the case though, but hey find the good in the bad, right?
My insurance company "State Farm" did little to help me. My total will be $400 plus parts. I had the lens and paid maybe 150 for the parts. The plus is the rear fender will now look good and he will be stock. The old lens did not fit right and the person who repaired the car before glued them on. The new parts fit like a glove.

Curtis is not a bad sort and has made it so the problem will not happen again. A cut rate phone store customer is the probable perp. Curt did find the electrical problem.

Well what can we do?
Old 03-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #10
TOMDYE
Stock

TOMDYE is on a distinguished road

Ranma - There is a bright side to everything. Your car is still running well and you are getting the rear end spruced up. Maybe some bucks are out of the door, and some personal inconvenience...but you can still hit the highway ramp in 3rd gear and petal to the metal! Good for you! Tom
TOMDYE is offline   Reply With Quote