Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum!

Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/)
-   Non-Generation Specific Questions (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/non-generation-specific-questions/)
-   -   What do you want to upgrade your Supra with? (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/non-generation-specific-questions/1415-what-do-you-want-to-upgrade-your-supra-with.html)

Supra91_ishot 08-02-2005 12:36 AM

Here's what I am planning to do with mine.

I want to buy and re-design:

-New engine
-New paint
-New tires and wheels
-New tail lights
-Tainted black windows
-Black cat exuast system
-Two new rear speakers
-Bass, Sub, and Ampliflier
-White gauges
-White clear signal
-Blue paints inside interior

Those are my plans for my car in the near future. Shoot, it'll probably cost more than $4000 dollars to do all those upgrades and buying those stuff online. But I'll consider loaning from bank :lol:

Poodles 08-02-2005 03:28 AM

- Paint and instal the new fender and headlight cover.
- Get a new hood (carbon fiber or stock, depends if I can find a stock one in good shape)
- Fix the headlight electrical gremlins (grrrrr)
- Fix the A/C
- Then of course the rest is going into the engine, MHG, more boost, and better intake and exhaust so I can hang with those stupid RX-7's :angry:

SupraMan1784 08-02-2005 07:17 PM

i just need money...once i get money...its over...wanna drop a 1jz into it after that...itll just be too crazy

SuperSupra86 08-02-2005 11:49 PM

I'm with him /\ 1jz would be what i would do...maybe new exhaust make her sound alittle better :)

Supra91_ishot 08-03-2005 01:07 AM

First of all, I'm wondering since my car has some rusted parts on it can it be fixed? It's also over mile. I want to paint my car all white so it looks shinning and new. But than my old engine bothers me too.

Now the 1jz engine, what will it need include to be able to swap the engine and is it easy to do? What if I put it in a Toyota shop, will they know how to do the swapping? How 'bout if I just wanted a 7-Mgte engine? Will the harness and everything come with it? What website sells these engines?

I'm getting stressed out what to do now because I'm thinking of just keeping my car the same way it is and than buy a new Supra. Because mine is kind of old but the body still looks good.

So hard, someone help me out.

Fixed the rusted parts, get bodykits, go to Maaco, get it painted up and go get a new engine? Or else, just buy a the MKIV and make that newer car a project car?

I'm sure we can turn these old Supra into a fashion car but what will it take?

If it's hard, I might forget about the plan...saved up money and go for an MKIV. Hell, just laon fromt he damn bank...he he he

SupraMan1784 08-03-2005 02:33 AM

before you spend your life savings on an mkiv....lemme just say somtin... first of all...rusted parts can be fixed an or replaced...u can either sand them down and bondo/epoxy them before painting. thats a pretty easy job...depending on what kind of paint job you want...if u get a maaco paint job you get a maaco paint job dont expect amazing quality although i must say they do a pretty nice job, body kits dont take care of rust...they just hide it unless you are replacing full parts like the front bumper or the back...usually bolt on kits just bolt right onto the body like a front lip and side skirts. as for the new engine...it depends on how much power you want to make. a 2jz makes a crapload more power on stock internals than a 7m and with a 7m as you increase the boost...watch that head gasket because if you dint replace with sometin good like an hks copper gasket youre basically screwed. a 2jz would be amazing in a 3rd gen supra....i think there are a couple that i have seen...not many because the 1jz is a more popular swap for htat car. I think, but i am not sure, the 1jz bolts on using the stock motor mounts, but since it is a little heavier you have to upgrade the motor mounts, from what i have seen i know that the transmission and teh driveshaft fit fine..if you replace those with the ones from the 1jz. as for gettin this highly sought after motor....there are three websites that i know that you can get it. the first is http://www.jspec.com you have probably heard of this but they usually dont have much...no big selection...you can contact them and make a request...but i heard these guys can get real shady sometimes. the second site is http://www.flashoptions.com they have a wide selection of motors from honda b18's, nissan sr20s and rbs to supra 1jz 7m and 2jz they have deals daily so u gotta check like at least once every two days cause they sell their stuff fast because they sell them at such good prices. the last site i know is http://www.jdmenginedepot.com they are local for me so i sometimes stop by the warehouse to see what they have... they also sell stuff real fast...they get low mileage motors for cheap and sell them for cheap, flashoptions and jdmenginedepot are probably the most reliable..check out those sights and let me know how that project is goin :ph34r:

suprra_girl 08-03-2005 12:34 PM

lol.. i didn't reply to this at first

i thought... "what do you want to upgrade your supra with?" as... what do you want to trade your supra in for

hehe... guess i should read it :P

well... mines all happening at the moment... so i'm gonna have to rely on the valuable members here to reply to some posts as i'm gonna be busy for a couple of weeks

fully rebuilt 7mgte standard block/head... wearing.. HKS 4mm gasket with ARP head studs torqued to 82ft lbs (BUILDING IT NEXT WEEK WOOHOOOOOOOOO)
Fuel pressure regulator.. not sure which one yet... guess i'll know when i buy it heh
Custom stainless exhaust manifold
T04 Hybrid turbo (got)
Front facing intake (getting welded)
new 2" from turbo to ic hardpipes.. from intercooler to throttle body 3"
walbro 255lph in tank pump (got)
EMS 8860 aftermarket ecu
15psi boost

and a whole lotta fun ;)

currently prepping her for new paint... still yellow but adding gold pearl... and got a few scratches n things from stupid ppl backing into me :angry:

accessory toys

Zeitronix Wideband 02 w/ LCD screen (got)
boost gauge (got)
Oil temp
water temp (got)

i think that's bout it ;)

oh... one more little note

7M POWAH FOR LIFE!!! :P

the_fallen 08-03-2005 11:21 PM

hey suze, just did some working out with a formula i have. why are you running 2" turbo to i/c, then 3" i/c to throttle body? some rough figures, i'd say that it would be best to run the 3" from turbo to i/c, then 2.5" i'c to throttle. that way, you have more room for the heated air from the turbo to the i/c, but when it's cooled by the i/c, you still have a reasonable air velocity by the time it reaches the plenum.

ddmcse 08-05-2005 03:04 PM

i want to add :
egr block off
550 injectors
lexus afm (got it)
i think this will get me to approx 325 rwhp
i hesitate doing the above because i do have to pass emissions every 2 years
soon enough i'll be set because 25 yr old vehicles are exempt in CT.
then
i/c hardpipes
upgrade intercooler
upgrade clutch
upgrade ecu
im shooting for 400rwhp

i used to work at walbro so i guess i should get a walbro pump and address the fpr

Makavelli 08-05-2005 07:39 PM

Big Plans:

Turbo Swap: $2800 (parts and labor)

Stage 5 HP kit: $4000 (parts only)

New Paint Job, Metallic Charcoal with Black Flakes: $3000 (estimated)

New Interior, Black leather/carpeting, brushed aluminum/chrome accents, custom dash: $1500 (estimated)

When the smoke clears I'll have 550 hp Turbo Beast for around $12000, the price of a new Hyundai. I'd say that's a pretty sweet deal. B)