Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum!

Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/)
-   MKIV Supra (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/mkiv-supra/)
-   -   No fire no start...! lil help please (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/mkiv-supra/2994-no-fire-no-start-lil-help-please.html)

94GT47Widebody 01-07-2006 09:25 PM

No fire no start...! lil help please

I have a highly (bolt on) modified 94 supra, stock internals. I recently broke the cam belt tensioner. when I replaced it I had thought there was trouble with timing. come to find out I was experiecing a melting spark plug. As the plug became worse the car ran worse until it did not run. I have since replace the plugs and can not get the car to star. I have spark on the number 2 cylinder but nothing on 1 3 5 have not tested 4 yet and 6 is a pain to get to... any ideas?

I am leaning towards the crank positoin sensor...

Drew

SKILMATIC 01-08-2006 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94T88Widebody
I have a highly (bolt on) modified 94 supra, stock internals. I recently broke the cam belt tensioner. when I replaced it I had thought there was trouble with timing. come to find out I was experiecing a melting spark plug. As the plug became worse the car ran worse until it did not run. I have since replace the plugs and can not get the car to star. I have spark on the number 2 cylinder but nothing on 1 3 5 have not tested 4 yet and 6 is a pain to get to... any ideas?

Drew

This may be a dumb question, but I just want to make sure. Did you gap the plugs or are the pre gaped? Also did you check your plug wires to make sure they are still good? Sometimes the plug wires will where out and one will work and the rest dont. I hope that helps or if it didnt at least we ruled out those possibilities.

pwpanas 01-08-2006 04:17 AM

Quote:

Drew

To begin with, I'd assume your '94 Supra is (was) a TT. If this is not the case, please post.

The problem you describe is unusual, and might possibly be related to a bad ignitor. I'd also suggest we treat this as (possibly) two separate problems:
1) Why did your sparkplug melt in the first place?
2) Why aren't you getting spark in 1,3&5?

...however, before we go too much further please post a bit more about your exact setup (i.e. your complete mods list), as well as the methodology you're using to test spark.

94GT47Widebody 01-08-2006 05:14 AM

Dual Fuel lines, T88 turbo, Virtual Works intake, 1600cc injectors, AEM, custom 5 inch exhaust, Block is unmodified at this time.

I do not know why the plug melted.. it was in the #4 cylinder. At this time 2 is the only verified working. I swapped out coils and pugs all into number 2 so that I could check each coil and plug on #2. 1235 coils and plugs all work I have not checked 4 and 6. if I move them to thier respective plugs the no longer work...

I am testing spark by threading a conductor onto the plug and then grounding the out side of the plug with that.. turn the coil upside down and crank over.. like I said.. I get great spark on each coil and plug if I a plug into the number 2 plug..

Plugs are gapped properly

SKILMATIC 01-08-2006 05:52 AM

Hmmm.... so let me get this straight. You have checked each coil and plug on the number 2 cylinder and 1235 work? But when you place the coils and plugs back to their respected places they no longer work? Am I reading this correctly?

Quote:

I get great spark on each coil and plug if I a plug into the number 2 plug..
Huh? The number 2 spark plug or number 2 cylinder? You said before
Quote:

At this time 2 is the only verified working. I swapped out coils and pugs all into number 2 so that I could check each coil and plug on #2.
Im assuming when you referred to 2 earlier that it was the cylinder not the plug itself.

Now from what pwpanas has said I think he is on the right track here. First we need to ask ourselves why did the number 4 plug melt in the first place? Have you ever used nitrous? What type of fuel management do you have other than the 1400cc injectors? How long have you had this turbo kit on? And what exactly kind of plugs do you have? IMO you should put a bit colder plugs on if you are running that kind of kit with 1600cc injectors. A hot plug will melt.

However, IMO if all you have is a t88 turbo with log style manifold(which causes unequal airflow) and 1600cc injectors without a better fuel pump and fpr and without any better engine management on shabby fuel then I can see why you are melting plugs. How many pounds are you boosting?

IMHO, I think this problem is due to improper engine management and the motors unability to cope with such a thing. Now I am probably maybe wrong here but if the coils are working on the number 2 cylinder and they arent working in their respected positions then their is something seriosuly wrong with this picture here.

I turn this over to pwpanas for he is more knowledgeable about this car than I am. I am sure as long as you are informative to pwpanas he will be able to diagnose and properly aid you in what you need to do to fix it.

Sorry I couldnt be more helpful.

pwpanas 01-08-2006 03:05 PM

Quote:

Dual Fuel lines, T88 turbo, Virtual Works intake, 1600cc injectors, AEM, custom 5 inch exhaust, Block is unmodified at this time.

I do not know why the plug melted.. it was in the #4 cylinder. At this time 2 is the only verified working. I swapped out coils and pugs all into number 2 so that I could check each coil and plug on #2. 1235 coils and plugs all work I have not checked 4 and 6. if I move them to thier respective plugs the no longer work...

I am testing spark by threading a conductor onto the plug and then grounding the out side of the plug with that.. turn the coil upside down and crank over.. like I said.. I get great spark on each coil and plug if I a plug into the number 2 plug..

Plugs are gapped properly

If you don't mind my curiosity, why haven't you checked #4 and #6 yet? Since you changed your #6 sparkplug (according to your earlier post), you'd have already had your #6 coilpack off. I'd suggest it's important we get a full overall picture of what's going on before we decide on a troubleshooting process.

That said, I'd still suggest you try swapping your ignitor if you can find another Mkiv Supra owner in the area. If your ignitor is good, our next step will be to find out if all of your AEM's ignition channels are still good.

Also, are you running an ignition amplifier of any sort (CDI or DLI)? And is your AEM set up to use waste spark ignition? If so, note that your #2 and #5 ignition signals are driven out of the same AEM output...which means that your #5 coil & plug should fire at the same time as #2. This is another reason I suspect your ignitor may be related to the problem.

...and even after your ingition starts working again, we still need to figure out why your plug melted (in order to proactively and positively make sure this same set of problems doesn't happen again).

94GT47Widebody 01-08-2006 04:51 PM

I appologize..Let me explain better.

From the begining...

I was driving and noticed the car had less power and sounded different (misfiring)

On my way home I broke the cam belt tesnioner throwing the car out of time but still able to run enough to get me home. (one time its good to still have a stock block)

I replaced the tensioner with a billet one. put the car back in time and it ran again with the same lack of power and still sounding differnt.

I decided to put fresh fuel in the car (91octane) and take it for a spin (I know I need race fuel!)

while driving the car spit sputters and threw a bomb out the back end ran for a few seconds more and then died.

I towed the car back to my house and began to troubleshoot.... and now here is what I found.....

Number 4 plug electrode was melted away:
I replaced the nuber 4 plug only and gapped it according to what 1 2 3 were gapped. I tried to start the car and would not start.

At that point I decided to check spark:
Pulled #2 plug and coil pack (#2 is super easy to get to thats why)
It sparked..

Pulled number 1 plug and coil pack. No spark

I took plug from 1 and checked with number 2 coil pack on number 2 harness connection... I had spark.... good plug!

I then moved number 1 plug and number 1 coil pack to the number 2 harness connection and checked for spark..... I have spark!

These are the same symptoms for 1 3 4 5 6! Good plugs, Good coils.. no spark.

Basically I am only getting signal to the number 2 harness plug to initiate the spark.

All modifications were completed by Ryan Woon at WOTM. As of now I have no reason to doubt his desgn. His only recomendation to me was to run with race fuel as much as possible. Boost is as low as the controller will allow me to go.. roughly 16psi. Plugs are a 7 heat range NGK VPOWER

pwpanas 01-08-2006 05:24 PM

Quote:

I appologize..Let me explain better.

From the begining...

I was driving and noticed the car had less power and sounded different (misfiring)

On my way home I broke the cam belt tesnioner throwing the car out of time but still able to run enough to get me home. (one time its good to still have a stock block)

I replaced the tensioner with a billet one. put the car back in time and it ran again with the same lack of power and still sounding differnt.

I decided to put fresh fuel in the car (91octane) and take it for a spin (I know I need race fuel!)

while driving the car spit sputters and threw a bomb out the back end ran for a few seconds more and then died.

I towed the car back to my house and began to troubleshoot.... and now here is what I found.....

Number 4 plug electrode was melted away:
I replaced the nuber 4 plug only and gapped it according to what 1 2 3 were gapped. I tried to start the car and would not start.

At that point I decided to check spark:
Pulled #2 plug and coil pack (#2 is super easy to get to thats why)
It sparked..

Pulled number 1 plug and coil pack. No spark

I took plug from 1 and checked with number 2 coil pack on number 2 harness connection... I had spark.... good plug!

I then moved number 1 plug and number 1 coil pack to the number 2 harness connection and checked for spark..... I have spark!

These are the same symptoms for 1 3 4 5 6! Good plugs, Good coils.. no spark.

Basically I am only getting signal to the number 2 harness plug to initiate the spark.

All modifications were completed by Ryan Woon at WOTM. As of now I have no reason to doubt his desgn. His only recomendation to me was to run with race fuel as much as possible. Boost is as low as the controller will allow me to go.. roughly 16psi. Plugs are a 7 heat range NGK VPOWER

Again, are you running an ignition amplifier of any sort (CDI or DLI)? And is your AEM set up to use waste spark ignition? If so, note that your #2 and #5 ignition signals are driven out of the same AEM output...which means that your #5 coil & plug should fire at the same time as #2. This is another reason I suspect your ignitor (and/or your ignition amplifier, if any) may be related to the problem.

Your broken tensioner bracket could still have caused valve(s) to be bent if your head were decked and if you're running 272 or 280 cams (are you? ...or are you running stock cams too? )...but either way a failure in the cam timing should not have any effect on the ignition. About the only semi-related item is the 'toothed' crank position sensor gear attached to the crankshaft's timing belt gear. When you plug a laptop into your AEM are you getting an accurate RPM signal while trying to start the engine?

Another troubleshooting step you should take (imo) is a compression test. Although this is not directly related to the ignition problem, it can help determine if you have either bent valves or scored cylinder walls (from spark plug debris).

94GT47Widebody 01-08-2006 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwpanas

Your broken tensioner bracket could still have caused valve(s) to be bent if your head were decked and if you're running 272 or 280 cams (are you? ...or are you running stock cams too? )

I have a completely stock block... The car was running as good as it was before the tesioner broke.

Quote:

About the only semi-related item is the 'toothed' crank position sensor gear attached to the crankshaft's timing belt gear. When you plug a laptop into your AEM are you getting an accurate RPM signal while trying to start the engine?

I will check.

Quote:

Another troubleshooting step you should take (imo) is a compression test. Although this is not directly related to the ignition problem, it can help determine if you have either bent valves or scored cylinder walls (from spark plug debris).

I checked this in the begining... I have 100 -120 psi depending on wich cyinder

Again, are you running an ignition amplifier of any sort (CDI or DLI)?

It all appears to be stock "Toyota Denso part numbers"

And is your AEM set up to use waste spark ignition?

I do not know... I will find out as soon as Ryan answers his phone!

94GT47Widebody 01-08-2006 07:22 PM

Okay...I thimk we may be getting somewhere..... I hooked into the AEM .......no Engine RPM...

Would this be a good time to assume my CPS system has a problem...?

pwpanas 01-08-2006 07:45 PM

Quote:

Okay...I thimk we may be getting somewhere..... I hooked into the AEM .......no Engine RPM...

Would this be a good time to assume my CPS system has a problem...?

It's a good guess. It's possible your loose timing belt knocked off the 'toothed' crank position sensor gear (attached to the crankshaft's timing belt gear) when you ran with a broken tensioner bracket...

Can you post pictures of your engine bay?

SKILMATIC 01-08-2006 08:57 PM

Quote:

I know WOTM. And I know Ryan woom(not personally) he has a 8sec qtr mile silver supra with 1400rwhp. WOTM does some nice stuff. I saw some of their work at SEMA. Hey just out of curiousity, have they gotten that project evo done yet? Sorry for the off topic stuff.

94GT47Widebody 01-08-2006 09:07 PM

my web server is currently down so I can not post pics... I will have it up in a day or so and would be more than happy to post.

ok here is what I have found..

The belt istalled by me.. was riding very far back on the cam gears and main.. the caused the "indicator star" <-- not sure what to call it to be pushed off the back of the crank.

now my problem is..how do I get it back on.. it is currently spinning freely

94GT47Widebody 01-08-2006 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
I know WOTM. And I know Ryan woom(not personally) he has a 8sec qtr mile silver supra with 1400rwhp. WOTM does some nice stuff. I saw some of their work at SEMA. Hey just out of curiousity, have they gotten that project evo done yet? Sorry for the off topic stuff.

I know they tested the EVO at the track about a month back.. I am not sure if it is done yet. I have seent that car in person... It is a beautiful machien!

pwpanas 01-08-2006 09:43 PM

Quote:

my web server is currently down so I can not post pics... I will have it up in a day or so and would be more than happy to post.

ok here is what I have found..

The belt istalled by me.. was riding very far back on the cam gears and main.. the caused the "indicator star" <-- not sure what to call it to be pushed off the back of the crank.

now my problem is..how do I get it back on.. it is currently spinning freely

Your "indicator star" is actually a 'toothed' crank position sensor gear...and it is (normally) attached to the crankshaft's timing belt gear. To reattach it, you'll have to remove both your harmonic dampener and your timing belt gear from the crankshaft. The crank position sensor gear is only a press-fit onto the timing gear, and you can simply pop it back on. Many people use a chisel to 'dimple' the back of the gear slightly to ensure it doesn't pop off again ... and some guys I know have even had it welded in place. Another option would be a thin layer of jb-weld. Either way, when you're sure it's firmly attached to the crankshaft's timing gear again, you can reassemble everything.

Be sure to follow all the steps in the TSRM when you remove and replace the timing gear.

IF this corrects your ignition problem, I'd strongly recommend that we continue this thread until we figure out exactly how your sparkplug melted...and figure out what needs to be done to avoid this in the future.

94GT47Widebody 01-08-2006 10:08 PM

Quote:

To reattach it, you'll have to remove both your harmonic dampener and your timing belt gear from the crankshaft. The crank position sensor gear is only a press-fit onto the timing gear, and you can simply pop it back on.

I pulled the balancer.. not sure how to get the timing belt gear off...??!!?

pwpanas 01-08-2006 10:11 PM

Quote:

I pulled the balancer.. not sure how to get the timing belt gear off...??!!?

Are you working with a copy of the TSRM? If I recall correctly, you'll need two very long, small ('M6' size?) bolts that screw into holes in the timing gear...with those long bolts you can use a standard puller.

Again, I'm not sure the thickness of the threaded bolts ('M6' is what I would guess), but it's the same as all of the other bolts & studs on the car that have a 10mm nut. I'd estimate the length of the two bolts you need to be about 3 or maybe even 4 inches. One time when I did this job, I used four of the studs & nuts that you'll find holding down your valve covers on the inside corners. (I had these four spares laying around), and I welded each pair of them together, end-to-end. That made them long enough to do the job.

suprra_girl 01-08-2006 11:01 PM

and a nice easy way to put it

if ya got a melted spark plug... i can gaurantee you have melted pistons = bad compression = bad running = tear down time

experienced this 3 times on one engine unfortunately

SKILMATIC 01-08-2006 11:33 PM

Quote:

and a nice easy way to put it

if ya got a melted spark plug... i can gaurantee you have melted pistons = bad compression = bad running = tear down time

experienced this 3 times on one engine unfortunately

I beleive he said earlier that he already checked compression and it checked out fine.
Quote:

I checked this in the begining... I have 100 -120 psi depending on wich cyinder
This is what he said.

mrnickleye 01-09-2006 02:54 AM

I'd recommend getting (borrow) a 'boroscope' to look at the piston.

pwpanas 01-09-2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

I beleive he said earlier that he already checked compression and it checked out fine. This is what he said.

Sorry 100psi-120psi isn't "fine" for a 2jz-gte. As I already mentioned to you in another thread, 20psi is beyond the maximum allowable difference between min & max cylinders.

Also ime these compression numbers are VERY VERY low, relatively speaking. Although readings do vary a bit between compression test gauges and depending on the exact procedure used for the compression test, (fwiw) I've never seen (only) 100psi in any 2jz-gte that is "fine". In other words, I agree with Suprra_girl & MrNickleye that the internals of this 2jz-gte need further inspection, and likely some (or a lot of) work+parts.

SKILMATIC 01-09-2006 08:07 PM

Quote:

Sorry 100psi-120psi isn't "fine" for a 2jz-gte. As I already mentioned to you in another thread, 20psi is beyond the maximum allowable difference between min & max cylinders.

Also ime these compression numbers are VERY VERY low, relatively speaking. Although readings do vary a bit between compression test gauges and depending on the exact procedure used for the compression test, (fwiw) I've never seen (only) 100psi in any 2jz-gte that is "fine". In other words, I agree with Suprra_girl & MrNickleye that the internals of this 2jz-gte need further inspection, and likely some (or a lot of) work+parts.

Hey great link. Yeah from the TSRM itself compression should read at 1079kpa/156psi and at least 128psi the difference between each cylinder should be around 14psi. So in essence there is a serious problem with the motor. Going on what t88widebody has told us and the diagnostic readings we have so far I would recommend a complete tear down and place some forged goodies in your motor.

Now of course the 2jz blocks are strong to begin with but like every motor it has its limit. 1400cc injectors with a T88 turbo is obviously pushing it. Also we dont know what type of engine management you are using but if its not adequate then that could mean problems as well. Now imho I would tear it down and do a complete engine rebuild with forged goodies to prevent that from happeneing again. Oh and if you are running that much boost and fuel I would highly recommend getting a standalone or at least the emanage.

pwpanas 01-09-2006 08:18 PM

Quote:

...Yeah from the TSRM itself compression should read at 1079kpa/156psi and at least 128psi the difference between each cylinder should be around 14psi. So in essence there is a serious problem with the motor...

That's what suprra_girl and I have been trying to tell you.
Quote:

...Going on what t88widebody has told us and the diagnostic readings we have so far I would recommend a complete tear down and place some forged goodies in your motor...

You have no basis for that recommendation. Until you know 94T88Widebody's horsepower goals, and until we know for sure exactly why his engine has apparently lost compression, you have no basis for saying he needs "forged goodies".
Quote:

...Now of course the 2jz blocks are strong to begin with but like every motor it has its limit. 1400cc injectors with a T88 turbo is obviously pushing it...

Afaik, there is no such thing as 1400cc injectors. :frown: Please post a link to where YOU last purchased a set of them.
Also note we don't know which model of GReddy T88 that he's running, nor do we know his target/max boost level, nor the type of fuel he plans to run. Why are you making assumptions and jumping to conclusions about what do do with his engine, before we're even sure if we have his ignition problem solved?
Quote:

...Also we dont know what type of engine management you are using...

No, we actually do know that. :rolleyes: It's called an AEM
...what did you think he was talking about - a cold-air intake? :rolleyes:
Quote:

...but if its not adequate then that could mean problems as well. Now imho I would tear it down and do a complete engine rebuild with forged goodies to prevent that from happeneing again...

If detonation caused the damage, "forged goodies" won't prevent detonation, nor will they survive further detonation.
Quote:

...Oh and if you are running that much boost and fuel I would highly recommend getting a standalone or at least the emanage.

Again, he does have a standalone. :frown: It's called an AEM.

Again, please don't post on technical threads in this forum anymore, unless it happens to be a thread that you're certain you know what you're talking about. For example, if you've EVER personally worked on a Supra as highly modified as 94T88Widebody's please post your reference(s) immediately (yes, I will contact them). If not, please don't further pollute threads like this with any more of your wild guesses. Your lack of understanding, misinformation and potentially bad advice is getting in the way of us trying to help 94T88Widebody get his ignition & engine problems solved...

94GT47Widebody 01-10-2006 04:21 AM

no need for argument here! I am well on the way to getting that damn gear off the main.. What a pain... it is about 90% off and I needed a quick break.

I understand that I have low compression. I fully plan to build a block that can keep up with my externals. I know now even with the low compressoin the car is running 788 to the wheels on C16 with 32psi of boost. I am still pumping ryan for the Dyno sheet.. I think he has forgoten

I than EVERYBODY for thier opinions... I do appologize for not having the images you guys want to see just yet...you can see some images as the parts were being added and you can see an exterior shot in my myspace profile

www.myspace.com/dingholla

pwpanas 01-10-2006 01:27 PM

Quote:

...I understand that I have low compression. I fully plan to build a block that can keep up with my externals. I know now even with the low compressoin the car is running 788 to the wheels on C16 with 32psi of boost...

Even at 32psi, your Supra's engine should not have detonated if you were running pure c16 (if properly tuned). On the other hand, if you were running anywhere near that boost level on 91 octane, we can be certain detonation is at least partly to blame for your melted plug and low compression. Also note that consistent 120's (or less) across the board is (ime) a quite unusual pattern for detonation damage: as a result, I believe there's still an outside chance that that running with a broken timing belt tensioner bracket might have 'tweaked' your valves...which in turn could be affecting your compression #s. Please verify if at all possible that you're still running stock cams (very unusual with a setup like yours), which headgasket you're running, and whether or not your head has been decked.

I'd suggest that, as soon as we verify your spark is functioning properly again (after the CPS gear has been repaired), we begin troubleshooting on your engine's compression (and melted plug in #4) ... as well as the various options to best resolve those problems. For example, we need to delve into: precisely state your horsepower goals, identify the exact type of fuel you plan to run (c16 full-time?), and detail your application (eg. drag racing?). Until we've identified all of these items, and gone through a proper troubleshooting process, it may be premature to conclude that your block must be 'built'.

Among the troubleshooting steps I'd suggest include another compression test (with a different gauge and some tips I'll give you to ensure optimal accuracy), followed by a leakdown test...but again let's ensure your ignition is 100% fixed after you reassemble, and then we can get into the other issue.

94GT47Widebody 01-12-2006 01:29 AM

just a quick note.. the car is running great.. I will be back for the follow ups soon... I was not running C16...

I was running 91 octane and 18lbs of boost...

the block is STOCK

94GT47Widebody 01-17-2006 10:38 PM

engine bay pics you wanted

Engine Bay photos!

http://drewman.team24seven.us/Drew1.JPG
http://drewman.team24seven.us/Drew2.JPG
http://drewman.team24seven.us/Drew3.JPG

pwpanas 01-20-2006 01:36 PM

Quote:

Engine Bay photos!...

Thanks for posting - your engine bay is beautiful.

If you don't mind me saying so though, that's an awefully big turbo, intake & throttle body to be running with stock cams...

Are you sure your turbo is a GReddy T88? From those pictures, it doesn't look like a GReddy T88 to me...

94GT47Widebody 01-26-2006 05:15 AM

Its a GT47-88.... I never said it was a Greddy

pwpanas 01-26-2006 05:18 AM

Quote:

Its a GT47-88.... I never said it was a Greddy

Actually you did, when you said this (qft):
Quote:

Dual Fuel lines, T88 turbo, Virtual Works intake, 1600cc injectors, AEM, custom 5 inch exhaust, Block is unmodified at this time...

Fact: The only company that makes a turbo generally referred to as a "T88" is GReddy. Although Turbonetics also makes a turbo called a Y2K T-88, that particular turbo isn't generally referred to without including the prefix/acronym "Y2K".

As I said earlier (and no matter who manufactured your turbo), your engine bay is sweet! :) This was the point of my post, not to start an argument about turbo nomenclature. In addition, there's a very significant horsepower difference in a GReddy T88 and (what we now know is) your GT47-88 ... my comment about your turbo not looking like a GReddy was trying to clarify the exact specs of your setup, for future troubleshooting purposes.

Also note that (from the pictures you posted) I don't see either an HKS DLI or an AEM CDI mounted in the engine bay. If you're not running an ignition amplifier with your AEM, you will experience ignition misfiring under high boost. Although this might partially explain the misfire you talked about, the 18+psi you were running on 91 octane pump gas was likely a primary contributor to both your melted sparkplug and your "100 - 120 psi" compression.

Again, to best recommend next steps to help you avoid melted sparkplugs, low compression (engine damage), etc. in the future, please shed some light on your horsepower goals, identify the exact type of fuel you plan to run (c16 full-time?), and detail your application (eg. drag racing?). ...and do you plan to spool up that big GT47-88 with any NO2?

P.S. Did you buy your Supra from Chris Msungi? I showed your engine bay pictures to a friend of mine, and he says he recognizes your widebody Supra (less the HKS Twins) from when Chris brought it to Tx2K3...

94GT47Widebody 01-27-2006 02:44 AM

Yes this was Musgni's supra.. It was a very poorly built motor (still is) As we discussed via messenger, Torque specs are key... sooo many things on the car were done for "pretty sake"

All that aside... I am happy with my current hp.. I am not looking to run some super duper high drag run...The car looks great and it is very fast just under 800hp. I am setting out to make it a more reliable car... sooooo.. a motor rebuild will be coming sometime and when I do the car will be capable of insane power but once agian I will be running 18psi o boost too keep my ass out of jail...

Drew

top-tuner 08-31-2009 09:02 AM

top-tuner

Hi guys,
does anyone know if the crankshaft sensor with
two wires must get a 5 volt from ECU ??
The wire colors are black/red and brown just asking
because my engine has also a on/ off spark issue !!:nuts:

GRT..

pwpanas 09-03-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by top-tuner (Post 72619)
Hi guys,
does anyone know if the crankshaft sensor with
two wires must get a 5 volt from ECU ??
The wire colors are black/red and brown just asking
because my engine has also a on/ off spark issue !!:nuts:

GRT..

I don't know offhand (check the TSRM). However, that would be unlikely - usually sensors are powered with +12v...