Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 08-22-2007, 03:46 PM   #1
cjcarbone
Stock

cjcarbone is on a distinguished road
Default 4th gen help

my friend just purchased a 98TT completely disassembled. It has a Titan motorsports engine, 74mm turbo, AEM plug and play, and many other mods. This car has been apart for over 4yrs, and i'm putting it back together. Does anyone have pics of the engine bay with the engine out preferably. The car was disassembled to the point that the brake booster clutch master and both wiring harnesses, as well as everything else, was removed to paint the engine bay, and i'd like a reference point to start. I have already installed the booster, both harnesses, abs unit, and the brake lines. i just want to make sure i'm doing good, It looks to me like im ready to drop the engine in.
cjcarbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:25 PM   #2
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcarbone
my friend just purchased a 98TT completely disassembled. It has a Titan motorsports engine, 74mm turbo, AEM plug and play, and many other mods. This car has been apart for over 4yrs, and i'm putting it back together. Does anyone have pics of the engine bay with the engine out preferably. The car was disassembled to the point that the brake booster clutch master and both wiring harnesses, as well as everything else, was removed to paint the engine bay, and i'd like a reference point to start. I have already installed the booster, both harnesses, abs unit, and the brake lines. i just want to make sure i'm doing good, It looks to me like im ready to drop the engine in.
Do you have the TSRMs?

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:20 AM   #3
cjcarbone
Stock

what is TSRM's?
Old 08-27-2007, 12:22 AM   #4
cjcarbone
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas
Do you have the TSRMs?
yes i do, but the engine bay is completely gutted for paint, i just wanted some pics to get an idea where stuff is located. the manual isnt very helpful; with pics of locations.

Last edited by pwpanas; 08-28-2007 at 02:13 AM.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:19 AM   #5
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
yes i do, but the engine bay is completely gutted for paint, i just wanted some pics to get an idea where stuff is located. the manual isnt very helpful; with pics of locations.
http://www.mkiv.com/mkiv_gallery/mki...ine/index.html

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 08-28-2007 at 02:13 AM.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:05 AM   #6
cjcarbone
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas
Wow. thanks much!!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:15 AM   #7
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
Wow. thanks much!!!!
You're very welcome. Personally though, I find the 'cutaway' and 'exploded' pics in the TSRMs (along with the torque spec for each and every bolt) much, much more helpful than an engine bay photo.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:36 AM   #8
cjcarbone
Stock

oh they are very helpful... jus finding the locations of the abs block and the cruise module and the such help to get me started, it wasnt such a big help... i am definately going to use the torque specs soon!
Old 08-28-2007, 04:56 AM   #9
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
oh they are very helpful... jus finding the locations of the abs block and the cruise module and the such help to get me started, it wasnt such a big help... i am definately going to use the torque specs soon!
I'm being 'as serious as a heart attack' when I tell you not to bother putting your Supra together if you don't use the torque specs. In other words, if you don't always use the torque specs, the very best you can hope for is that part(s) on your Supra absolutely will fail, 100% for sure ... and the worst that can happen is that those part(s) will fail while you're driving at a high rate of speed (leaving us with one less forum member). I'm absolutely not exaggerating the risk in the least little bit! (I know other experienced forum members will back me up on this). A 74mm turbo puts your Supra at 900rwhp+ ... of course, it'll never hold together if one were to GUESS at how tight to make each bolt. I hope I have misunderstood you, and that maybe you haven't started putting anything together yet.

Last edited by pwpanas; 08-28-2007 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:07 AM   #10
cjcarbone
Stock

oh no, you definately misunderstood me. I said i was getting the engine bay ready to install the engine, and that i will be using the torque specs soon, meaning i havent gotten to that point yet, i am a professional tech, i repair exotics,ferraris, lambos and porsches, i most definately torque EVERY bolt, down to the t-stat housing! Glad to see that people here actually care though!!!! Thanks!!!!

Last edited by cjcarbone; 08-29-2007 at 03:34 AM. Reason: typing too fast