Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum!

Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/)
-   MKIII Supra (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/mkiii-supra/)
-   -   550cc (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/mkiii-supra/9876-550cc.html)

west_side_supra 10-05-2007 06:18 AM

550cc

ok so i am upgrading to 550cc injectors, and i was wondering if i needed anything else, like

lexus AFM?
adj. fuel pressure reg?
fuel pump?

ddmcse 10-05-2007 09:12 AM

at the least you need the AFM

west_side_supra 10-05-2007 07:35 PM

k well i'm orderin a new lexus afm, thanks. now will this knock my fuel cut up to about 15lbs of boost

west_side_supra 10-05-2007 09:57 PM

i just ordered a apexi S-AFC also

justin1642 10-05-2007 10:44 PM

if i'm not mistaken i read on one of the supra forums that lexus afm and 550's raise fuel cut to 18 psi.

supradrift 10-06-2007 02:34 AM

all you need is the injectors and the afm. though they say you can go to 18 psi i dont recommend going any higher then 12. beginning of the summer i did the same thing raised it to 15 psi with my boost controller and now im having turbo trouble. so unless you plan on getting another turbo dont go much higher then 12

west_side_supra 10-06-2007 05:19 AM

lol
uh sorry to mention this but this is all going on my rebuild im doing, currently my motor isnt even in the car

specs:

block : resurfaced : hot tanked : pressure tested ok
new oil pump drive bearings
stock pistons : forged : heat treated tops : .20 over
stock rods : pulled out and grabed all the best ones
new bearings
new rings
all bolts and studs are ARP
new HKS HG : ARP studs
new Water pump
new oil pump
all new gaskets
TRD oil filter
thermostat and gasket
fidanza Flywheel
stage 3 XTD 6 puck clutch and pressure plate

Head : resurfaced and also EGR cooler plate: Port and polished : hot tanked
stage 1 cams
stainless steel headers with wastegate dump pipe
fidanza adjustable cam gears
stock valve : springs : retainers

Garret T70 Gt46 : Compressor Wheel - .66 A/R, 48.9 trim Turbine Wheel - 1.05 A/R, 61.9 trim 4.25" inlet, 3.38" outlet T4 flange with V-band

50mm wastegate

Magnicore kv-85 8.5 spark plug wires
NGK IRIDIUM XI
RC 550cc injectors /w clips
lexus AFM
Cooleze Turbo inlet

3 inch intercooler pipeing
silicone couplers
hose tecniques hose kit
EGR block off plates

custom 3 inch exhaust : no catalizers : new 02 sensor bunge : v-band

Apexi S-AFC

2 cheap oil filters
15 Q. 10/30 oil
coolant
P/s fluid
lots of brake cleaner
lots of electrical wire in many colors : 16G
and a windsheild wiper :)
grant steering wheel and hub and quick release

there is probably more

that is about my list of everything i have either already ordered and are waiting on and things that are all done. i'm taking pictures of the rebuild so far and the old motor is out and the new one is being put in probably by next weekend hopefully.

all of the random shit under the hood will be relocated like battery/ignighter/relay box/ect...

all harnesses and connectors are being replaced

all i want to see when i pop the hood is engine and turbo :) the turbo has a max peak of 35psi and can handle up to 1000 hp. i'll admit its a tad big and may have some clearance issues but as for the wastegate also, i'll make it work. i'm doing this rebuild because of a BHG gone beyond bad. cylinders 6,5 and 3 were blown, bearings where showing signs of being ran low on oil and running really hot, head was cracked and multible oil leaks and the sweet coolant leaks.

but the new goal is building this for a car show sponsered by my college, in the spring time.

so far the total price for everything listed above
$2,358.45

now what do you think i can handle for boost :O and what do you think i will be able to handle power wise

supraman121 10-06-2007 05:54 AM

why do stock rod? does that mean your doing stock pistons aswell just oversized? you can buy eagle rod for like 480 on sale from suprastore and you can pick up some Wiseco 7MGTE Pistons for like 700 from supra store those have to be better then stock.

west_side_supra 10-06-2007 07:55 AM

well see my limit is 2,700. plus again, the pistons are forged and heat treated tops, so they will be better than stock "stronger" and also they are bored .020 over. same as with the rods.

west_side_supra 10-08-2007 11:45 PM

now has anyone used the turbo headers? the ebay ones? because i have one and i was wondering how much clearance i will have for the wastegate and also my rediculous turbo :P

and also with the apexi S-AFC II gen during the break in process should i just run a 0% +/- then once it has been broken in should i go ahead and tune when i can boost?

how much power do you think i will have with all of these items and also 18psi?

and does anyone know where the EGR block off plates go? i know that i have the 2 intake block offs not the one that goes onto the EGR cooler exhaust side and the other on the intake. From what i understand there is one that goes on the upper intake then the other goes onto the lower

last but not least how long should i break the pooper in for? because i keep getting ranged from 1,000 miles to 10,000 miles, and just for a little more information a tourqe plate wasnt used when boreing it.

oh and found some bad news on the stock turbo, not only was the turbo seal bad and squirting oil all over the place, the bearings were done, and also there was a huge crack by the wastegate that went all the way trough, its SICK!!! :P but i guess thats why i got a new turbo

west_side_supra 10-14-2007 11:57 PM

anything?
also i'm looking for a good manifold for the new turbo, i need one that will allow a T4 turbo and a 50MM external wastegate, i the ebay stainless steel headers but i think there will be some clearance issues, i saw the ones on HP freaks but what would you guys recommend?

Spudboy 12-06-2007 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west_side_supra (Post 51448)
ok so i am upgrading to 550cc injectors, and i was wondering if i needed anything else, like

lexus AFM?
adj. fuel pressure reg?
fuel pump?

Can someone give me specific part numbers or description and/or where I can get the proper AFM and 550cc injectors for my '88?

OfnaRcR 12-06-2007 07:04 PM

I'm kinda wondering too about the lexus afm and injectors. Right now i'm hitting fuel cut on my shimmed wastegate and 57 trim but i don't know where to go next.

west_side_supra 12-06-2007 09:33 PM

well i have gotten almost everything from ebay guys. alot of other places that will cover injectors, AFM, and adj fuel press reg. will be
Welcome to SupraSport.com ltd - We don't make the car, we make it faster!
Performance Parts Aftermarket and Racing
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

here are some links to those items

here is a complete kit includes
AFM/INJ/INJ clips
this will give you most items, after this you just need the adj. fuel pressure regulator and you'll be set.

ADJ. press. reg kit LIPP
this allows you to control the amount of fuel entering your fuel rail, it will make it so you are going to be killing your engine with an overflow of fuel and possibly burst your lines. although the walbro pump is very stong and can take alot, i still recommend this adj. pressure kit.

if you really want there is another removal system to get rid of your Fuel pulse thingy, i really dont know what that does but its ugly and not needed. and here a link for that kit to.

fuel pump

there are diffrent types of pumps availible, the walbro is the easyist one though, it will go right into your tank just like the stock one. pushes 300% more than your stock. and will allow you to do your 550cc/+ injector system , now dont order the venom injectors, they have been highly known to stick, and this can make a really big issue. so i repeat DONT ORDER VENOM INJECTORS, RC are the best so far. PTE "precision turbo engine" are the next best. i am running the pte 550 and are sweet so far.

injectors
1 - supra sport
2 - ebay - 1000cc injectors availible from these guys also

these will allow you to use your pump to its full potential, and plus they are almost needed when you upgrade to your Lexus v8 afm, i've heard of people not changing the houseing but just the sensor and running somewhat lean. i dont know this for fact but its just something i have recently heard, DONT ORDER VENOM INJECTORS THEY STICK AND WILL CAUSE MORE PROBLEMS.

AFM
1 - supra sport
2 - these are used and imported from jap. but very low mileage and clean and work.
for injectors with the lexus afm 550cc are good 680cc are better. but i dont see why you cant go bigger maby even a 750cc like i posted

now just to make things even simpler, i will say that i recommend getting a fuel controlling system like the apexi safc "ebay you can find them for like 25$- 100$" all of these items together with forsay the 550cc injectors you should be good up to 450hp-500hp. if it comes down to the point you still are hitting fuel cut then the next item recommended would be getting

1. HKS FCD - fuel cut defender will remove your fuel cut system and if i remember right you should be able to adjust them to were you want your fuel cut to be set. HKS USA Driving Performance - Homepage

2. i should have put this in the list of items because it is very important to watch your Air/fuel ratio when doing anything with your boost and fuel. but recommend any digital system that will use a wideband sensor. not one you tap into your stock 02 sensor. wideband is very accurate warms up faster. and is a real time reading. and very good for tuning may i put.

i personally am running a AEM UEGO w/wideband, and so far its pretty sweet, others recommend or use the Powerdex AFX-Air Fuel RatioMonitor

now your probably thinking to yourself, damn this is alot of money. but in the end its all worth it. you will get some more horsey's and you will be able to boost up to 18psi "not recommended on your stock ct-26" or 17.99psi so i have been told i'm not sure yet since im still in the process of breaking in my motor :P- - -||____XD

hope i helped you all out with your questions. i'm willing to help to what i know so ask again and ill reply back for you

Spudboy 12-07-2007 05:40 PM

Great info west side. Thanks a lot.

What is the need for the new AFM? Looks to me like it's just a little larger bore, but we still use the same actual original sensor.

Would you expect I would see a benifit with just 550cc injectors?

I have the fuel cut defencer on but I think it still cuts at about 12 psi. May not be set up correct.

Supra2NR 12-08-2007 01:50 AM

i got a question
i checked the replacement afm

they said its a copy of the lexus afm
which wont come with any of the electronics of the lex afm itself

its says you have to reuse the honeycomb and the black box?

doesnt the lexus afm has diffrent electronics than the ones that came from the 7mgte?
or is it jus the size of the afm that changes?

west_side_supra 12-08-2007 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spudboy (Post 53178)
Great info west side. Thanks a lot.

What is the need for the new AFM? Looks to me like it's just a little larger bore, but we still use the same actual original sensor.

Would you expect I would see a benifit with just 550cc injectors?

I have the fuel cut defencer on but I think it still cuts at about 12 psi. May not be set up correct.

well as for the benifit, if i am guessing right, for fact yes the bore is bigger. it is acually a real 3 or 3.5 inch bore, meaning more air flow, the sensor itself. well it is coming out of a V8. a V8 is going to use more fuel and that means that just cause the sensor looks the same doesnt mean anything. it was set for the v8 to allow more fuel allowing us to go with the bigger injectors

west_side_supra 12-08-2007 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supra2NR (Post 53188)
i got a question
i checked the replacement afm

they said its a copy of the lexus afm
which wont come with any of the electronics of the lex afm itself

its says you have to reuse the honeycomb and the black box?

doesnt the lexus afm has diffrent electronics than the ones that came from the 7mgte?
or is it jus the size of the afm that changes?

weird!?!?!

mmm like i said the houseing of the AFM is bigger on the lexus version compared to the 7m version.

replacing the honey comb? uh i dont know if you can even do that, hell if my honey comb broke i would just go and get another AFM

and the black box is the sensor itself, and yes totally different, just has the same connection as the 7m, so its just a plug and play

Spudboy 12-08-2007 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west_side_supra (Post 53192)
weird!?!?!

mmm like i said the houseing of the AFM is bigger on the lexus version compared to the 7m version.

replacing the honey comb? uh i dont know if you can even do that, hell if my honey comb broke i would just go and get another AFM

and the black box is the sensor itself, and yes totally different, just has the same connection as the 7m, so its just a plug and play

The Lexus AFM does NOT come with the black box sensor. It says to use the original 7M-GTE box/sensor. So it appears all we would be buying is the metal AFM housing and transfering the original honeycomb and sensor to it. Maybe the original sensor detects more air thanks to the larger AFM housing, compensates for that in combination with fuel cut defencer allowing more fuel, and the now larger injectors gives more fuel. Result for me I hope is...larger turbo + boost controller + fuel cut defencer + larger injectors + larger AFM housing + HKS intake = more HP.

Does this all make sense?

west_side_supra 12-09-2007 07:34 PM

well the one i got from ebay has the housing, honeycomb, and sensor itself. again i really dont know if the 7m sensor would be picking up more than the lexus thats something that we would have to search for, like specs on the sensors.

cyanide-is-a-way-out 12-10-2007 12:47 AM

:gtfo:ya when i ordered my lexus afm it also came with the sensor not just the metal housing:sadwavey:

Spudboy 12-10-2007 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyanide-is-a-way-out (Post 53222)
:gtfo:ya when i ordered my lexus afm it also came with the sensor not just the metal housing:sadwavey:

I guess I'll check around other sources. It would seem getting a new sensor too would make more sense.

west_side_supra 12-10-2007 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyanide-is-a-way-out (Post 53222)

yea cyanide knows what i'm talkin about, he's seen my car. just take a look around, ebay is your best bet though.

Spudboy 12-14-2007 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west_side_supra (Post 53242)
yea cyanide knows what i'm talkin about, he's seen my car. just take a look around, ebay is your best bet though.

So back on the injectors, this one site I went to talks about top feed vs side feed. I thought we had top feed? He wrote me...and also check this link and give me your opinion...please...thanks in advance.

Fuel Injector Clinic:Toyota Top Feed

The injectors listed below are all low impedance/peak&hold top feed injectors so you will have to convert to a top feed fuel rail to run them. This is typically less expensive than purchasing side feed injectors, since those are scarce and expensive. Also, once you have converted to a top feed fuel rail, a lot of other injectors will fit if you upgrade to the next level.

We sell a kit with 6 x injectors, a fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator and all the bungs and harness pigtails starting at $710.00.

550cc good for 360 wheel hp or 425 crank hp
650cc good for 425 wheel hp or 500 crank hp
750cc good for 485 wheel hp or 575 crank hp
850cc good for 550 wheel hp or 650 crank hp
950cc good for 620 wheel hp or 725 crank hp
1050cc good for 680 wheel hp or 800 crank hp
1150cc good for 750 wheel hp or 880 crank hp

west_side_supra 12-14-2007 08:28 AM

yes we have top feed, as for the numbers for hp and crank hp i dont know how accurate that is, maby for those injectors though. again i highly recommend the PTE or RC injectors. they are the best your going to get. as for size i recommend 550cc - 780cc

ethan12510 12-16-2007 05:32 AM

how much hp and torque would adding the 550ccs and the lexus AFM give u?

west_side_supra 12-17-2007 08:49 PM

not any clue at all, i saw it as more of a supporting mod for your other motor work.

Spudboy 12-17-2007 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west_side_supra (Post 53405)
not any clue at all, i saw it as more of a supporting mod for your other motor work.

Yes, supports other mods. Check this link for good info.
RC Fuel Injection