Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum!

Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/)
-   MKIII Supra (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/mkiii-supra/)
-   -   3 cars vs supra (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/mkiii-supra/3602-3-cars-vs-supra.html)

brs86supra 02-18-2006 08:34 PM

3 cars vs supra

cant wait till my supra gets outa the shop. i have a 86 supra 7mge auto and have a date with a 91 integra ls 5speed, 94 civic v-tech 5speed, and a 85 rx-7 auto. i was wondering which car would be my biggest threat. all of the cars are preaty close to stock the integra and civic just have mufflers and the rx7 is all stock but my supra is all stock no upgrades, just because i just got it on monday. do i have any chance at beating any of these cars is so which ones. if not need some advice on how to beat them. thanks in advance

dcrusupra 02-18-2006 11:13 PM

Dont even race the civic, you already won. RX7 you should. and itll be a close call on the intergra tho.

rnoswal 02-19-2006 02:36 AM

Look at what I wrote in the posting RACE and try some of the easy things before you race.

Russ

stumpjumper 02-19-2006 07:45 AM

Well since you have an auto it's gonna be all about how well they know how to race with a stick. Supra's a heavy sonofagun, so don't trip if u lose.

I had a 1.5 civic 5spd and raced it against a ls integra 5 spd a few years ago and won, just because dude couldn't race with a stick shift.

lethalwithasupra 02-19-2006 09:08 AM

damn i'd pay to watch you race the mazda. rotory or i-6. and oldskool. autos are ok.

brs86supra 02-19-2006 03:35 PM

the race

ok just found out that the integra raced the civic and won, but i also found out that the dude driving the integra granny shifts so maybe i will have an advantage over him, plus he just doesnt shift right.

supraboy8809 02-19-2006 04:34 PM

in the same situation

hey man i am in the same situation as you because i have a date with a 2000 integra ls if you are looking for a good thread look at mine called race

j3pz 02-19-2006 10:41 PM

just go ahead and race, the only thing on the line is braggin rights. if you lose, so what, its just an oppertunity to make your car beefier. next time you can leave him in the dust

noa324 02-21-2006 05:55 AM

man where i live in miami all there are is hondas with b 16s 18s h22s
me and 2 of my friends have 7mgtes black, white, red we all r on about 10 psi
and on 6 psi i destroyed hatches wit b 16 and on 10 psi i hang wit camaros
and v8 mustangs lot of work though and all our cars or broken right now huh w/e

dcrusupra 02-21-2006 07:53 AM

You ever go to St Rd 9 on fri and sat to race NOA?

brs86supra 02-22-2006 08:17 PM

my car should get out of the shop hopefully on friday, been in there since last wednesday. cant wait to race the 3 cars. any other advice on how to get a good jump on the cars?

dcrusupra 02-22-2006 08:58 PM

They'll have you off the line, but as soon as you hit 3rd, you'll get ahead. Don't worry about it. If the car is manual, rev up to about 4k and you'll get a good jump. If your auto, then stand on the brake and rev up to about 3k and that should get u there also.

noa324 02-23-2006 03:10 AM

yeah i go but not with my supra the last couple of times i went over there i got pulled over on the way there... got 3 differnt tickets... i uasually go to the dennys then wendys state road 9 is pretty crazy though im gonna go friday send me an email if u gonna go i will let u c my car... noa324@yahoo

dcrusupra 02-23-2006 03:16 AM

I would but my engine is messed up right now. I went there last friday and blew my engine racing a Mazda 6 on 595 west on my way home. Hit about 105 and then BANG! I started to take my engine apart and checked the plugs and plug #3 didnt have a gap in it. So that might be my problem. I have all the parts, I just need to put it all together. But I might be able to get out there. If I go I'll be with someone named Irfan in a blue focus or Ryan in a white 240.

Reeves 02-28-2006 07:18 AM

I have only been driving about 2 years and have been driving a stick for about 3 months. Naturally, i have some questions.

What do you mean by "not shift right"? Also what is granny shifting? I just started racing my 87t recently and don't know if im shifting right myself.

lethalwithasupra 02-28-2006 07:48 AM

naaahhh ... way it goes with auto supras is you take them off the line then fight to stay ahead. if he's having an auto supra upped i'd bet he'll never see them the whole race ... is it an auto ?

not shift right = early shifts, late shifts and missed shifts ( yea, yea. autos suck. win, then tell him to buy one ? )

brs86supra 02-28-2006 12:49 PM

finally got my car back yesterday, it drives like a charm, took the guy in the teg for a ride yesterday, then i showed him how fast it was it jumps real quick, but he said it was still slower than his. still have to race his teg, should be doing that soon, but i have to fix my oil leak, cant understand why it is leaking so much oil, i leave it in one spot and there is a big puddle under it. does anyone know where it could be coming from? if so let me know please

rnoswal 02-28-2006 01:46 PM

Valve covers, front or rear oil seals, oil galley plug front or rear, oil pressure sender unit, dipstick tube, oil filter, oil drain bolt, front or rear seal on the transmission, could also be the power steering pump or hoses feeding it or the rack itself.

Transmission, engine and power steering pump all use different fluids, so if you can narrow it down to what type fluid and the area it is pooling, up front, left or right side, back where engine/trans meet.

As you can see there a plenty of possibilites so try to narrow it down some if you can.

Let us know

Russ

brs86supra 02-28-2006 02:20 PM

the puddle is right underneath of the oil pan, could it be the oil pan gasket needs to be replaced, or could it be the drain plug?

j3pz 02-28-2006 06:28 PM

there may be a better way to find out but you could always wipe down the oil, let it run for a lil bit and watch for the oil to come out and acummulate

hangsupra 02-28-2006 06:30 PM

for the civic you gonna race is it a hatchback or is a 2door couple... i pretty sure u will beat the hatch... back in the day when i just swapt my mk2 auto to manual... i race with the 94-95 civic coupe i beat it.... but hope you can beat it... just try your best at launch... thats all you need it for the supra... dont worry for high end.. just wondering for the launch only.... cause supra is kind of slow at laugh if you were stock... but high end or at high speed i sure you will beat it or catch up with it...

brs86supra 03-02-2006 02:01 PM

the civic is a coupe so do i have a chance. found out that it isnt oil it is radiator fluid, but it is leaking where the oil pan is where could it be coming from?

rnoswal 03-02-2006 02:04 PM

Waterpump, any of the hoses behind the thermostat or even a freeze plug.

Russ

brs86supra 03-02-2006 02:15 PM

thought it could of been the water pump, but how do i tell if it is, if it is about how much would one coast. also what is the VSV i saw it in the manual it connects to the thermostat housing and its supposed to have a hose going to it what is it. and there is also a rubber hose on my intake one connects to the intake and the other goes from the intake( both are where the air filter are near the air filter) what does the one going from the intake go to

dcrusupra 03-02-2006 07:01 PM

Oil and radiator fluid look nothing alike. Radiator fluid is neon green and oil is well, oil colored. It should be fairly easy to tell what it is.

Not sure about the Thermo housing but the rubber lines goes from the charcoal canister to the intake then from the intake to the throttle body. Ill have a picture up in a few mins.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...62_41_full.jpg

rnoswal 03-02-2006 09:17 PM

Water pumps go for around 30 to 40 bucks. Behind the water pump there are a couple of hoses that go to the turbo housing and that go to the heater. The two on top, one comes from the exit of the heater core and the other goes to the intake manifold just behind the alternator. The charcoal cannister is just a vent for the fuel tank.

The hoses behing the thermostat housing are notorious for leaking and even blowing. The get oit on them and it gets hot in that area too.

The water pump is easy. Remove fan shroud lower piece then slide the whole shroud off. Unbolt the clutch fan after loosening the belt, alternator, take off the pulley on the water pump. The pump itself has about 7 or 8 bolts, mostly 10 mm but a couple of 12 mm. Take out the bolts then take off the pump. You may have to tap the pump a few times to get it to break its seal. Clean the old gasket off and reverse this precedure to put back on.

Check under the pump to see if it has a drop or residue of water/antifreeze from the bypass hole or if the shaft wiggles up and down or is stiff to turn.

Let us know

Russ

brs86supra 03-06-2006 01:03 PM

fixed my leak it was an antifreeze leak, it was leaking from the bypass valve. now i am ready to roll, might of found a turbo supra with motor but the car doesnt run, wondering how hard it would be to take the turbo off that car and puttinb it on my supra, mine of course is a n/a auto and was wondering what else would i need to install it on mine? so if so could someone please help me with this information i will gladly apreciate it, i will also be doing some research of my own.

dcrusupra 03-06-2006 07:13 PM

Lets get the obvious out of the way......Turbo, turbo manifold, intercooler, and intercooler piping, and BOV. Then we move on to the oil cooler and oil cooler piping, throttle body, and throttle body linkage, and downpipe. Thats about all I can think of right now. You won't be able to boost as much because the compression is higher on an N/A engine. You would only be able to boost about 9 psi. A lot of people say it's easier to just swap in a turbo engine. In which i agree. But its a matter of opinion and it doesnt matter what other people say because they arent driving it. You are. Good luck with what ur doing and good luck with ur research.

brs86supra 03-13-2006 01:14 PM

got my exhaust the other day, got a 2 1/4" catback with a Lawson Muffler 2 1/4" inlet and 4" outlet. how good is this muffler dont really know much about them. i can feel a little difference in acceleration, but i do want to change to cold air, but i cant find any cold air kits for the supra where can i find one. any solutions?

Troyota 03-13-2006 04:38 PM

There really is no room for a Cold Air kit in the Supra...look around the intake area...there is no space to get the necessary piping and air filter close to the ground where most cold air kits go to...the only real options are to either cut a hole in the body somewhere to allow a fitler to be placed say in the fender well or in the front bumper. Another option is to try and route a pipe through the little hole that is behind the pass. headlight. The best bet is to put a standard intake on that reaches to the front and maybe build a box to try and keep as much hot engine air out of the system.