Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 10-25-2013, 11:34 PM   #1
IchibanEye
Stock

IchibanEye is on a distinguished road
Default **CT26 Turbo upgrade**

Hello I found upgrades for the stock turbo on Supra store. They are claiming that they can get the stockers with various upgrades to anywhere between 410-500+ horsepower. I however am confused because from all of my reading and searching on this forum and various others that the stockers could not get into those ranges.

Anyone care to chime in or shed some light in this subject? If what this site claims is true I was going to go with the 50 or 57 trim. They also have a custom bolt on that has a dual ceramic bb option among others to go with it. Does anyone know about their custom turbo also?

Here is a link to the site http://www.suprastore.com/ct26turup.html

Thanks Everyone.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
Green7mgte
Supra Forum Moderator

Green7mgte is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchibanEye View Post
all of my reading and searching on this forum and various others that the stockers could not get into those ranges.
where does it say that?

http://store.driftmotion.com/static/...mct26turbo.php

I stand behind all of Aaron's products.. You can even call his cell phone w/ any questions.

The power is acquirable but I would be concerned with the quality of the internals. I did zero research on the link you posted.

92 Ma71 7mGTE Auto. SafcII
Supra FAQ
Supra MKIII FAQ
Classified Section guidelines :

Last edited by Green7mgte; 10-27-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Green7mgte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:45 AM   #3
IchibanEye
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green7mgte View Post
where does it say that?

http://store.driftmotion.com/static/...mct26turbo.php

I stand behind all of Aaron's products.. You can even call his cell phone w/ any questions.

The power is acquirable but I would be concerned with the quality of the internals. I did zero research on the link you posted.

Quality of what internals, the engines or the turbos? Mine are all new internals as far as my engine is concerned.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #4
Green7mgte
Supra Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchibanEye View Post
Quality of what internals, the engines or the turbos?
The quality of the brakes internals.
No sir, since this thread is about turbos you can reasonably assume my statement was made concerning the topic of this discussion.

I would verify the rebuilt components are made with quality, their calibration methods are 100% and anything else that would draw questions is also up to par. If the information isn't redably available, shoot them an email with your concerns.

Supra FAQ
Supra MKIII FAQ

Old 10-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #5
IchibanEye
Stock

Quote:
The quality of the brakes internals.
No sir, since this thread is about turbos you can reasonably assume my statement was made concerning the topic of this discussion.

I would verify the rebuilt components are made with quality, their calibration methods are 100% and anything else that would draw questions is also up to par. If the information isn't redably available, shoot them an email with your concerns.

I never try to assume anything and I thank you for your help.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:15 AM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

A 60-1 trim CT-26 is capable of some big gains but there are a LOT of other things which need to be upgraded to support it. Just dropping a bigger turbo in an otherwise completely stock MKIII you won't see more than an extra 50HP, I believe... You'd be able to reach that level of output quicker and hold it longer through the power curve depending on the configuration but without better cooling, better breathing exhaust, more fuel and refined tuning you won't see a lot.

The 50 and 57 trim upgrades tend to be much more reliable stiff have a lot of potential and reportedly spool a bit quicker.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #7
Green7mgte
Supra Forum Moderator

If we are going personnel choices. The 57 trim is the highest I'd go for stocker.
It allows functionality and you will see some real gains with the option for light modifications to reach higher outputs.

Supra FAQ
Supra MKIII FAQ

Old 10-31-2013, 07:40 PM   #8
IchibanEye
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
A 60-1 trim CT-26 is capable of some big gains but there are a LOT of other things which need to be upgraded to support it. Just dropping a bigger turbo in an otherwise completely stock MKIII you won't see more than an extra 50HP, I believe... You'd be able to reach that level of output quicker and hold it longer through the power curve depending on the configuration but without better cooling, better breathing exhaust, more fuel and refined tuning you won't see a lot.

The 50 and 57 trim upgrades tend to be much more reliable stiff have a lot of potential and reportedly spool a bit quicker.
Excellent and reaching boost quicker is never a bad thing.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:43 PM   #9
IchibanEye
Stock

Quote:
If we are going personnel choices. The 57 trim is the highest I'd go for stocker.
It allows functionality and you will see some real gains with the option for light modifications to reach higher outputs.

Yeah from my research it seems to be the one I'm leaning on for the time being before I decide to drop a dual bb beast in her. thanks.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:07 PM   #10
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

When I upgrade my MR-2's CT-26 I'm hoping to drop in an oil-less BB unit. I've read some stellar things about them and there's less plumbing too!
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote