Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 08-03-2013, 04:57 AM   #1
chickeneater
Stock

chickeneater is on a distinguished road
Default Unplugged antitheft box

While doing some interior and pedal work, I had disconnected the anti theft box. I forgot I had it unplugged when I tried to start the car and it of course wouldn't start. I plugged it back in, tried to start it, and the power in the car goes out accompanied by 3-5 soft clicking noises by the fuse box I think.

Now there is still no power in the car (for instance, the power windows don't work, the small light by the key doesn't turn on anymore, etc.) but when the key is in but in the off position, there is a really weak sounding alarm noise.

I tried locking and unlocking the driver door, but it still won't do anything except make that faint alarm noise when I put the key in.

By the way, I do have some other things unplugged at the moment (HVAC system and some other minor stuff), but I'm not sure how that would affect this unless it has some special ground somewhere that I unplugged.

Any ideas? Thank you!
chickeneater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a little confused here... Charge the battery, plug everything back in, arm the alarm and then disarm it? I'm not sure if I'm missing something else or if you're just making it more complicated than it needs to be. There's information on the removal of the security system in the MKIII FAQ section too.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #3
chickeneater
Stock

Thanks, but I'm quite sure this is not a battery issue; I suspect a relay or fuse blew or this is something with regards to the theft system. There is no power inside the car and I heard a clicking noise when I tried to start it. Now there is still no power and I hear a faint siren type of noise whenever I put the key in.

So, what would cause this faint noise whenever the key is in (but not turned on) and would explain the lack of power to the inside of the car?

EDIT: I went to try your advice (what did I have to lose?) and the power inside the car was back on, which then led me to believe you were right.. and you were! Thank you! Apparently the last time I drove the car was longer ago than I thought.

Last edited by chickeneater; 08-03-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

The stock alarm system doesn't cut power to anything except for the starter. If you hear the siren but it's quiet the only possibilities are: a poor ground at the alarm or siren, insufficient current (low battery), or a damaged module. As there was little power to everything else the battery was the only significant possibility.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #5
chickeneater
Stock

thanks for the info!