Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 09-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
Life is Supra
3" Exhaust

Life is Supra is on a distinguished road
Default Engine problem

Hi guys,I have a problem when start acellerating to aprox.1500rpm.The engine in that range of rpm hiccup and above that goes just fine.So can someone tell me where the problem is.Maybe on boost leak or something like that
Life is Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:32 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I see in you're other thread you had an error code 51 recorded in the ECU. Has the wiring or TPS been fixed and has the TPS been properly calibrated afterward? Are there any other codes present?

This isn't a boost leak if it's happening at 1500 RPM. The CT-26 doesn't make pressure anywhere near that early. My suspects would be a faulty AFM, TPS or an ignition issue.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
Life is Supra
3" Exhaust

I know it isnt a boost leak but I didnt think...yes there was code 51 and I will check it tomorow and will post.And u think the problem may lay in air flow meter?
Old 09-25-2012, 01:52 AM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life is Supra View Post
I know it isnt a boost leak but I didnt think...yes there was code 51 and I will check it tomorow and will post.And u think the problem may lay in air flow meter?
I said the AFM is a possibility but it's not the only possibility. I would start with fixing the TPS error (code 51) as that's another thing which could cause the symptoms you have. And ignition problem is another possibility too but TPS is where you need to start since the ECU is already telling you something is wrong with it.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 12-04-2012, 01:18 AM   #5
Life is Supra
3" Exhaust

Default Again engine problem

Hi guys me again,I have a problem with engine because first when cold must crank it two times-when hot re-crank ok at first key.Second when accelerate engine hick up to aprox.1500rpms then goes normal.Third when accelerate and let of the gas to change gear muffler explodes.Am I raning lean or my time isnt right-by the way I set tree washers on wastegate.There is no code.Thanks
Old 12-04-2012, 01:32 AM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Don't adjust the wastegate with washers, you limit the amount the wastegate is able to open and increase the risk of creeping or clogging. Google "grainger boost controller" and build a cheap, manual boost controller yourself.

Yes, your ignition timing may be off. If you don't know how to check and set the timing you should look at the thread in the MKIII FAQ section.

As for the trouble with the cold starts I'd start with diagnosing the cold start injector circuit.

Tip Jar --->
Old 12-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #7
Life is Supra
3" Exhaust

Ok,thanks guys for advice...but I must ask u about one thing.I have a problem with a dashboard lights for economic and non-economic drive because the non-economic light comes one when start the engine and dont go off until I turn the car off.I read in one forum that that is because off vacuum pipes somewhere that has been set wrong and my brother has the same problem with his corolla and he change place off some vacuum pipes and sad that now is working very well.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #8
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

There are many reasons why the economy lights may not turn on. A lot of criteria have to be met. Just having certain error codes may cause it. Check vacuum plumbing, error codes, transmission error codes, overdrive settings and so on.

Tip Jar --->