Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum!

Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/)
-   MKIII Supra (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/mkiii-supra/)
-   -   Updating and cleaning up the MKIII FAQ.... Suggestions? (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/mkiii-supra/20276-updating-and-cleaning-up-the-mkiii-faq-suggestions.html)

cre 03-08-2012 09:17 PM

Updating and cleaning up the MKIII FAQ.... Suggestions?

As the title says, I'm going to dedicate a little time to cleaning out the MKIII FAQ. I'll be stripping posts from FAQ threads which don't explicitly provide info directly related to the thread; Adding new FAQ if I think a certain topic is addressed too often in the general MKIII board; and consolidating related threads as long as they don't make for a single thread which is too much to navigate comfortably (ie. no threads will cover:Head removal, block and head prep, MHG installation, head installation and torque specs for all the head hardware).

Please feel free to look through the FAQ section and if you think there is a topic which isn't covered, you find information which is duplicated or you find threads which may be candidates for consolidating into one thread, then post it here WITH LINKS.

If you want to submit a new article yourself, go ahead and start a new thread, add FAQ to the front of the title and put a link here so I'll know that I need to review it, possibly edit and move it to the FAQ *if I or another mod/admin agrees that it belongs there*. I'm not trying to be a control freak. I'm trying to reduce the size of the FAQ section so that new (and old) members have an easier time finding the info they need and are more likely to actually look for the information there first. Also, FAQ does stand for FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS. TIP: If you want to post a thread stating what the bird cage light is then post the details about all of the warning lamps and other dash indicators. Please do not link to information to another site. If you think that there is data there which belongs in the FAQ then quote it using the QUOTE /QUOTE tags and then give proper credit and supply a link to the original.

Let's make the most of this forum! :bigthumb:

Thank you!

pandrade 03-12-2012 02:56 PM

A good suggestion for the FAQ's imo would be like a spread sheet of common codes, a short explenation of what the code is and does, then a brife explanation on how to fix it. i think this would help out newer members so they dont get lost searching all the threads and even help older members so they have a quick referance sheet to pop up

cre 03-16-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandrade (Post 101469)
A good suggestion for the FAQ's imo would be like a spread sheet of common codes, a short explenation of what the code is and does, then a brife explanation on how to fix it. i think this would help out newer members so they dont get lost searching all the threads and even help older members so they have a quick referance sheet to pop up

This is already in the faq and I added a more concise list of the codes recently. If you think it needs more let me know or add a post to the thread. Preferably the latter and I'll just edit if necessary. :)

Thanks for the suggestion. I hope we get more.

pandrade 03-16-2012 09:27 PM

I looked through the FAQ's and havent seen an idia like this. The idia is maby compose of a list of things to do when you just purchused an mk3 and what to look for and replace/change at certain intervals of the mk3's life( not what the dealers say you need, a more realistic set of things to do) for example if its at 100k miles you should water pump and timing belt for example. I think this might help new members and espicialy younger guys like me that would generaly over look small things that need to be done, because we havent passed that course of the school of hard knocks

oh and i looked at the FAQ of codes and it looks really good now