Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 02-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #11
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

The oil pressure port is a similar standard to BSP it's JIS actually. BUT there may be a bigger issue... the ECU requires an oil pressure signal from the stock sender. There is a port about 6" to 8" forward of the oil pressure sender's port you may use for your aftermarket sender with less worry about distorting the threads.

EDIT: Scratch that... why don't you check if any sensors are unplugged because the harness won't connect and look up the part numbers. If you look in the TEWD you'll find diagrams of what the connectors are supposed to look like for each sensor and in the TSRM you'll find how to measure each one and what the readings should be. A quick glance in Toyota's Electronic Parts Catalog doesn't show any as being specific to the US but the European market did have some which were different than elsewhere... I didn't check if those applications were for Supras though, could have been Cressidas or 4Runners, etc. The year of the sensor is the only issue I've ever had and heard of from others.

Start here:
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Librar...spx?F=8401&P=1
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->

Last edited by cre; 02-14-2012 at 08:37 PM.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #12
supraheelfan
3" Exhaust

supraheelfan is on a distinguished road

Uh oh! The TSRM is not loading for me is it down?
supraheelfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:47 AM   #13
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

It does appear to be down. Try searching "turboninja" and "MKIII" on google a friend hosts PDF (and other) versions for a couple different years there. I'm pretty sure he's still got them posted...
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 02-21-2012, 07:41 AM   #14
supraheelfan
3" Exhaust

Well the mech at the shop said he replaced some plugs and got the car running again but when I went to go pick it up it wouldn't start at first but eventually did.

Then it cut off on me at a stop light and it was really hard to start back up.

If the wiring is shot thru most of the car should I just replace harness or what? What would be the best/affordable route to take?

Now that I think about it would it be easier to just go for a stand alone and start fresh?

Last edited by supraheelfan; 02-21-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:58 PM   #15
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Going standalone isn't going to be any easier; You'll still have to replace the wiring harness then diagnose and replace any bad sensors (and replace any that are incompatible)... With some setups you'll need to add additional sensors and make modifications to mount them (such as a crank position sensor). Then there's tuning, the cost of adding a wideband (if you want reliability and on-board tuning). The easiest to install standalones use the stock wiring (ie: AEM and Apex'i).

Most wire harness failures are located at or near the connectors or in high heat locations. If you have recurring error codes they'll often point out the most likely suspects. The wiring which passes over the engine (AFM, CPS, oil pressure, temp sensors and O2) are the most susceptible to heat damage. Testing the wiring for voltage drop is a simple procedure once you get the hang of it.

If you opt to get a replacement OEM harness you may find that Toyota no longer has them (probably not too bad as you would then find out they ran around $500)... There is an established wire harness company who has added replacement 7M wiring harnesses to their product line, but I can't remember who and don't know what the pricing is. Personally, I just rebuild them myself, but it's time consuming and getting replacement clips is sometimes a pain.

No error codes coming up?

Tip Jar --->
Old 02-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #16
supraheelfan
3" Exhaust

No more codes, I almost drove it for two days; at the end of the second day it broke down on me again. So its back at the shop. The issue with starting it can be remedied, however the fuel cut is still coming on randomly-doesn't matter what boost or rpm it only happens randomly (sometimes it hits full boost and others it can barely boost at all) and still no codes..
Old 02-29-2012, 02:55 AM   #17
ReelBandit
Stock

ReelBandit is on a distinguished road

CRE, if you can remember who has the engine harness can you post it? Mine is shot, connectors are brittle and breaking. I can build a new one but I need the connectors and pins.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:15 PM   #18
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelBandit View Post
CRE, if you can remember who has the engine harness can you post it? Mine is shot, connectors are brittle and breaking. I can build a new one but I need the connectors and pins.
I don't recall, I've always just rebuilt my own. If I happen to remember I'll let you know.

Tip Jar --->