Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 02-22-2010, 04:45 PM   #1
Beasting
Stock

Beasting is on a distinguished road
Default We're DEAD in california ?

okay so i have asked a question somewhere and i asked about us SUPRAS'

People say its rare nowadays to see a supra of any kind.
I do feel like i am the only one driving around and once in a while see 3 in my area but they have bad paint jobs, all white with blue doors =(

Why arent there many SUPRAS' any more driving around ?
Beasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
Beasting
Stock

i meant the one i see parked is all white with blue doors
Old 02-22-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Well, in the MKIII's case there were only about 120,000 sold in the US... That's VERY few. There were even fewer MKII's and VERY few MKIV's. Given that their numbers have steadily decreased (due to the destruction of vehicles via car wrecks, crushing or other circumstances) they're getting more and more scarce.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
Beasting
Stock

Default RARE MK III's why is it so?

Okay so i have posted a a thread asking why MKIII's are so rarely seen and driven

And someone responded because they are scared to drive them
and the car wrecks making them scarce ?

Okay so if you guys say this is so ? Why isnt the MK III in high high demand i know a lot of people want them but why arent the prices going above 10k for a clean looking one? Like my 1986 toyota supra turbo 7m-gte.
I know everyone has them MK3's with 7m, 1jz, and 2jz so why arent we bringing them prices to 10k +

And yes i heard about them MKIV's being 30k + for even a old one
Whats happeniing?
Old 02-22-2010, 09:05 PM   #5
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I've never heard the replies you've apparently been getting... not once.

The cars are uncommon causing a low awareness and appreciation. The cost of restoring one is very high due to both age and lack of parts due to lack of demand. And the MKIV stripped the MKIII's fan base pretty thoroughly. There are many reasons, none of which plain old fear of the car.

BTW - You don't have an '86 if you've got a MKIII and you don't have a stock turbo if you have an '86.5.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 02-22-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

We don't need two threads at the same time, by the same member both about the rarity of the MKIII. I'm merging the threads.

I also want to add that I know more MKIII owners in CA than in any other state.

Tip Jar --->
Old 02-23-2010, 12:31 AM   #7
Beasting
Stock

year 88 soz was sort of rushing it
Old 02-23-2010, 02:24 PM   #8
DarkSupra2.5
3" Exhaust

DarkSupra2.5 is on a distinguished road

It really depends on where you are in cali i think. Here in south sac there aren't that many running, maybe 4 of us and one MKII with a 7m swap. But we have to compete with newer Evolutions, STI's, and camero's. So we're not as popular as I think we could be. I hate elk grove and it's spoiled rich kids, I really really do.
1jz-gte swap (Currently spun #3 rod bearings), Apexi high flow filter, Greddy thrust 3" downpipe, N1 3" catback with cat delete tube, 1 peice driveshaft, Bar and Plate intercooler, and 440 JDM 2jz injectors.

Possible 2jz lower block swap in the works if I can't rebuild the 1j. So troublesome.
DarkSupra2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote