Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 02-08-2010, 11:56 PM   #1
mtracing88
Stock

mtracing88 is on a distinguished road
Default 02 sesor help!!!

I just got a 91 turbo. cant seem to find where the o2 sensor plugs in from the turbo elbow. It is only one wire but on some of the diagrams I looked at show one wire but two connectors in side the plug. Mine has only one connection in the plug. Please help can not find the female connector.
mtracing88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:34 AM   #2
Green7mgte
Supra Forum Moderator

Green7mgte is on a distinguished road

does this thread help any for your problem?
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=572339
kinda sounds sorta the same.

92 Ma71 7mGTE Auto. SafcII
Supra FAQ
Supra MKIII FAQ
Classified Section guidelines :

Green7mgte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:46 PM   #3
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I'll just copy the answer from that thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thradil View Post
On my 91 7mgte 5spd

U have 3 wires blue, 2 solid blk (o2 sen)

looking at o2 side u have
blue wire (center top)
2 solid blk wires (bottom Rt and Left)

On ya wire harness side its 3 wires.

white or yellow (mines is faded)
solid blk wire
blk w/red strip wire

Order all 6 wires go in.

o2 blue wire=========harness white or yellow wire
o2 bottom left wire====harness blk W/red strip
o2 bottom Rt wire====harness solid blk

I went out in da rain 4 u, now i gota take a shower good luck!!!

If your O2 sensor has only one wire it's likely to be an N/A O2 sensor... they don't have an internal heater which is present in the GTE's O2 sensor.

The harness connector comes out of the same bundle as the CPS and oil pressure sender, just follow it along and you'll find it.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:33 AM   #4
mtracing88
Stock

mtracing88 is on a distinguished road
Default o2 sensor

One more time everyone. My car does not have any of those color wire connectors. The guy I got it from rebuilt the engine, maybe he forgot to put on some connections? As for wires all I see not plugged in are a connector with a yellow and white/w blk stripe. Also a connector with a tan, pink/w blue stripe and a blk/w red stripe. Anyone know what those are for? All I need to know is the color of the o2 sensor wire from the ecu. What color is the wire from the ecu in the harness that goes across the front of the engine, right behind the timming belt cover? From there I could trace it as far as it goes. I will try to get some pics on here once my camera charges. PLESE HELP ME MY SUPRA FAMILY. The guy I bought it from must have replaced the o2 sesor with the single wire unit. I know this because it is missing a nut.

Last edited by mtracing88; 02-12-2010 at 03:24 AM.
mtracing88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:58 AM   #5
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

You're either not listening or you're not describing things well... the GTE's O2 sensor does NOT have just one wire!

From Toyota's service manual the O2 connector will have:
Red w/ blue stripe (HT ground signal)
Black w/ red stripe (HT power)
White (OX signal)
Sounds like yours is just discolored. Post pics of the connector and we'll know for sure.

No idea what the other connector (with the Yellow and white/blk wires) you're trying to describe is... post pics and location.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote