Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 01-12-2010, 11:25 PM   #1
Green7mgte
Supra Forum Moderator

Green7mgte is on a distinguished road
Default were to buy weather stripping

I've been looking all over except local toyota dealers. Im looking for weather stripping for both doors and rear hatch. any links or points in the right direction. Im tired of having a drip on my thigh when it rains and my hatch fogs up whenever I drive from the heater vs moisture in the back. I did the old trick of putting patrollium on the seals to make the water bead and run down. But im a fan of doing correctly. I search and search but cant find any for supra top window seals . targa seal would be nice too just to get the job done as a whole.. thanks.
were do i get new weather stripping ?

92 Ma71 7mGTE Auto. SafcII
Supra FAQ
Supra MKIII FAQ
Classified Section guidelines :

Last edited by Green7mgte; 01-13-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Green7mgte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:45 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Dealer only items.

You can find the part numbers here:
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Librar...spx?F=6401&P=2
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Librar...spx?F=6104&P=3
(click on the 5 digit number to get the actual part number)

Rear hatch is 67881-14110.

You may also want to check and see if there's any sign of moisture around the taillights... those seals are a common replacement too.

But the dealership parts department shouldn't have any trouble getting you what you need.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:49 AM   #3
Green7mgte
Supra Forum Moderator

ty. i was searching tsrm but dident turn any up. as often as im on that site i should have the navagation down.. but eh. still finding new pages daily. wish he would put in a search bar.. that would be helpfull.
heh epc.. electronic parts catalog. shoulda looked there!
lets see. I pulled my taillight bulbs about a month ago and fixed a broken ground wire to my licenseplate light. dident see any puddels. thanks cre.

lol you can always spot a supra driver on a rainy day.. we all have wet spots on our thighs! how about window vent covers also. that would come in handy too.

Supra FAQ
Supra MKIII FAQ

Last edited by Green7mgte; 01-13-2010 at 03:24 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:55 AM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Unlikely we'll see any sort of upgrades to that site as the guy who built it got out of Supras about 2 years ago now.

There are three links at the upper left, they go to three different Toyota pubs: TSRM (Toyota Service and Repair Manual), EPC (Electronic Parts Catalog) and TEWD (Toyota Electrical and Wiring Diagrams).

I prefer the TEWD to the TSRM for wiring and electrical issues (go figure). I've found errors in both though...Oh well, no one's perfect.

The EPC is a bit difficult to use at first for most people and a lot of people never manage to really understand it.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 01-13-2010, 02:58 AM   #5
Green7mgte
Supra Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
The EPC is a bit difficult to use at first for most people and a lot of people never manage to really understand it.
yea I opened it up and said. "welp this is french to me." but i guess if you know what your after and can "piece" things together you shouldn't be to far off.
If you mouse over the numbers in the EPC some give descriptions, the more you view you realize you can look at the whole assembly for items or break it down into Individual parts. very handy altho confusing at first.
also found this thread for leaky hatches
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...ripping&page=2

(taken from my WantVsNeed list)
ITEM Part Number Price
Door weather strip x2
62381-14150
Windshield weather strip
63251-14061
Targa weather strip
63252-14032
Hatch Weather strip
67881-14110

Supra FAQ
Supra MKIII FAQ

Last edited by Green7mgte; 01-13-2010 at 03:54 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:29 AM   #6
darkstarcooley
Stock

darkstarcooley is on a distinguished road

You can find the weather stripping for the targa and also brake lights at horsepowerfreaks.com
darkstarcooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #7
Green7mgte
Supra Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarcooley View Post
You can find the weather stripping for the targa and also brake lights at horsepowerfreaks.com
yea i seen that to start with. front windshield and targa seals.
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/perf...her_Strippings

actually cheaper then what the parts dealer was offering. I don't know if i want to pay all that. Is there another fix like buying some sealant or anything along those lines? im just sick of getting dripped on!

Supra FAQ
Supra MKIII FAQ

Last edited by Green7mgte; 01-13-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:37 AM   #8
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

You need to get "in" with your dealers then.

There are some posted 'fixes' for the leaking targe seal, pull it off, clean out behind it and caulk it back in with RTV, IIRC... don't won a targa myself, so don't remember the specifics.

No tricks for the window seals really... I need to replace mine as well, but at least on my car that's only one seal per side.. I think is was quite a bit cheaper.

Tip Jar --->
Old 01-14-2010, 10:40 PM   #9
916MKIIIx2
3" Exhaust

916MKIIIx2 is on a distinguished road

Yeah you can pretty much just pull the targe seal off... do it gently or you may be looking at a new one ;p

But yeah just get it off clean the contact points of the seal the targa top and the connecting points on the car with some hot water and soap then just get it gunked up the way you like it with RTV or weather sealant and let it dry for 24 hours and you should be good, did mine last week... I was tired of going to work at 5am with a wet butt ;;
916MKIIIx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:40 AM   #10
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Do keep in mind that most RTV is "tin cure"; This means the silicone actually requires water to cure. If you lay it on too think the deeper material may never cure. If you need to apply tin cure silicone in a very heavy layer you should place the desired amount of silicone (plus a little extra) into a disposable plastic cup and VERY quickly and thoroughly stir in some water (up to 25% as much as the silicone... I'd go about 10% if you're unsure how quickly it is going to set up. Then apply it quickly as well. If you like having a squeeze type applicator with a nozzle then just put the material in a zip lock freezer bag and cut a tiny bit off one of the corners... now apply as if it were frosting.

and the crowd goes: "Wow, how does he know all this stuff?", "He's incredible (and probably inedible)!", "Amazing!", a woman in the back screams "Have my children!!!!!"... so does a man... gulp.

Tip Jar --->