Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra > MKIII FAQ

Old 12-07-2006, 10:13 PM   #41
drmmr15
3" Exhaust

drmmr15 is on a distinguished road

So Weezl, what is your price on the brace? Also, do you have a pic of one?
J/W
drmmr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 05:21 AM   #42
Isphius
500whp yet?

Isphius is on a distinguished road

I just talked to him, he said 250+shipping. also may include powder coating in gloss black.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:44 AM   #43
supraman121
12psi boost

supraman121 is on a distinguished road

weight transfer is great when drag racing you want the weight in the back for traction but if your setting up the supra for drifting then you should probly lose as much weight as possible

www.myspace.com/coreyjstevens

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1536317037 <------ this one should work check out the accident one aswell ya i might be a "fat kid" but i sure can move fast!~
supraman121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:38 PM   #44
drmmr15
3" Exhaust

drmmr15 is on a distinguished road

Well, I want a Supra to take down Highway 101 on the west coast next summer. I think all the twists and turns might flex he frame a little too much. I'm going to have the top off, so I was thinkin' a brace would be excellent for this situation. Thanks. I'll get hold of Weezl once I actually own a good running Supra.
drmmr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:25 AM   #45
Monkey
3" Exhaust

Monkey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel w
Isphius: Look at MDCMotorsporsts site, Jon has some sweet cages that will stiffen flex.

If I was going to drag race at all, I would leave the MK3 supra in the driveway and pick up a MK2 chassis and install a 7mgte for an instant 800lbs in weight reduction from a MK3 platform.
A guy out of Canada has a web site for that. I used to have it saved in my favorites, somewhere. He has or had an 82 Supra with a 7MGTE dropped in it. He said, "One word. ROCKET." I think you might find it on SOGIC. Supra Owners Group In Canada. He even made a complete harness to drop the 7MGTE in with no problems. It'll cost you a little bit, though. I had an 85, and i was SERIOUSLY thinking of doing this before i moved from PA to MS. I had no way to bring the car with me, so sadly, i junked it. I know, blasphemy.
Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:47 PM   #46
ravenmaster
12psi boost

Location: Being not duly informed, I refuse to answer with any degree of accuracy for fear of prevaricating
ravenmaster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmmr15
Well, I want a Supra to take down Highway 101 on the west coast next summer. I think all the twists and turns might flex he frame a little too much. I'm going to have the top off, so I was thinkin' a brace would be excellent for this situation. Thanks. I'll get hold of Weezl once I actually own a good running Supra.
As someone that drives on the west coast 101 on a daily basis I can assure you it is perfectly fine for your supra. You really don't have to worry about that.
Tokico Illumina II's (TEMS) | Eibach Pro Springs | SpeedTech AntiSway Bars | Cusco Strut Tower Bars | Lexus AFM/550cc Injector Mod | SOGI short shift mod | Aluminum Driveshaft | Upgraded Fuel Pump | 12 PSI Boost | MHG | 11/30/08 Dyno 362RWHP 326ft/lb

Quote:
Originally Posted by supramacist View Post
Ya I'm the a$$hole. I think you're still mad raven cause I thought from your handle that you were a chick. I said I was sorry for that.
ravenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:39 AM   #47
SCRAMJET
3" Exhaust

SCRAMJET is on a distinguished road

I think unless you wanna turn your car into a drag car, not a tidy, suprisingly quick(to ppl who hate "Jap crap") everyday driver. For those looking for a bit of go on the streets, fork out a bit of coin on the engine and maybe lightened running gear. Pulling all the rest of the bits out like heavy seats and electric motors is a waste of time for ppl wanna street car. it is supposed to be a luxsury sports car. I don't wanna get rid of all that if i wanna drive it everyday. These cars are heavy, so what! theyre supposed to be. That is why they have tuff engines.

If you wanna drag car, chop away!
Old 04-01-2007, 04:26 PM   #48
JunkerMK3gte
Stock

JunkerMK3gte is on a distinguished road

about your lightening the car. you are right the mk 3 has traction problems. some affiliated with weight in the back....BUT the main cause is the assemly of traction planting components. first the bushings. there is so much flex in those subframe and control arm rubber it takes more weight to get better traction. and two the chassis. easiest fix is to weld conectors to the front and rear subframes.second fix is to replace your bushings with urithanes..some are available.. but youll have to reserch. i had put a post up of some upgrades not available any where.....ie chromoly subframe replacements w/ chomo control arms and spherical bearing ends....solid. a stock 200 hp car can utilise it just as well as a 700 hp car. although the more horsepower and torque you supply the more noticable.around 3k you can pick up some suprising times and loose almost 300 lbs. being as rigid as it is it isnt quite fessable for a country driven car. it substantialy stiffens EVERYTHING up... including the ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrawk
Isphius -
Lightening the mk3 supra....

Ok, I always see posts on this, so im making an official lightening the mk3 thread, built of all the other lightening threads. If you have anything at all to say about taking a few pounds of your supra, post it here. Ill start by stating my position on lightening the mk3

Everyone seems to want to take weight out of the back. Subs, spare tire, seats, rear interior, etc. This is where you want the weight. A powerful mk3 would probably cut some time off its 60 foot and quarter mile if you threw a bag of cement in the hatch. If you have a high powered mk3, someone pleaseeee try this for me. I would empasize taking weight out of the front, or at least the middle. Definatley get your battery relocated to the back, its not hard. take out whatever from under the hood you dont really need. I took ut my charcoal canister, cruise control, and a few other parts. Get rid of the a/c if you want, it totals about 20 lbs. Im also planning on cutting as much metal off the front end as possible using a rotozip. Im also going to make fiberglass mk3 fenders and hoods, and maybe other parts, with the intention of saving weight. What i strongly recomend, If you have money to spend, get an aluminum 1 piece driveshaft, lightweight fly wheel, and lighter small diameter wheels (15s), with small tires(low profile). This alone will give you a 10x bigger gain than most of the weight taken off the car. The smaller tires will shrink rotating weight, and increase your effective final drive. Another thing i would suggest doing is changing the seats to light weight racing seats, the mk3 seats are heavyyy. Also, pull the carpet up, and remove all the padding and sound deadening material. It is pretty dense and heavy. But all in all, the weight in the mk3 is actually well used. The car is very stiff, and it helps it handle and ride well in the real world. And as a disclaimer, I dont not guarantee that anything mentioned is safe, so do so at your own risk. /rant off!!!

Edit - post #911. Thats almost as bad-luck-ish as # 666!

acousticrawk -

"what can you do, besides cut the interior and get a carbon fiber hood? id like to cut 600 or more lbs....i know thats quiet the diet but anyone have ideas, i just wanna make sure i didnt over look something obvious or unobvious. thanks!"

- sorry for using your post, but i needed to have the first post as an explanation
JunkerMK3gte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:21 AM   #49
cars4me89
3" Exhaust

cars4me89 is on a distinguished road

one thing about drastically changes the weight of the flywheel and size of pullys is that it will make you car run differently and you have to be careful. the flywheel is the rotating mass that keeps the crankshaft and whole engine moving inbetween strokes so if you lighten this you won't have as much mass rotating.. it'll change the balance of the engine.
Currently enrolled in UTI (Universal Technical Institute.. ya ya say what you want bout the school lol its got some nice benefits though), have about two years of auto experience so far.. only 18 years old. My supra's older than me :P

-Phil
cars4me89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:24 AM   #50
cars4me89
3" Exhaust

cars4me89 is on a distinguished road

another change you could make to help with traction, weight.. anything is relocating the battery to the spare wheel well since I'm gonna assume you're removing that to save weight.. relocating the battery to the trunk will give you at least another 20 pounds right over the rear axle.. where you want weight
Currently enrolled in UTI (Universal Technical Institute.. ya ya say what you want bout the school lol its got some nice benefits though), have about two years of auto experience so far.. only 18 years old. My supra's older than me :P

-Phil
cars4me89 is offline   Reply With Quote