Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKII Supra

Old 03-02-2012, 01:05 AM   #1
jhampton46
Stock

jhampton46 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation I need help!!!

I have an 84 supra and have a couple of problems. First the low beam headlights quit working. High beams work great, but no Lo-beams.

And the other problem. The clutch will not stay primed. I've replaced the slave cyclinder and the resivour twice each with no result. I had a guy at a transmission shop tell me it could be the slave cyclinder over extending due to a worn clutch disc. So i replaced that too. No help there either. I thought line problems but the system doesn't lose any fluid.

Amy suggestions?
jhampton46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
CanadianBak'inSupra
Official hall monitor / search nazi - NO SOUP FOR YOU!

CanadianBak'inSupra is on a distinguished road

how is the wear on your clutch pressure plates??
Old 03-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #3
jhampton46
Stock

It's brand new as well.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Bent fork? Is there supposed to be a bushing on the end of the slave's linkage?

As for the headlights, does anyone have a decent wiring diagram?
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:11 AM   #5
CanadianBak'inSupra
Official hall monitor / search nazi - NO SOUP FOR YOU!

CanadianBak'inSupra is on a distinguished road

ive got the haynes manual wiring diagrams. just folow your wiring back and check your fuses. is your steering column switches working fine??

as for the fork, there is no bushings, just a ball the fork goes on, and gets grease. the slave just pushes a divot in the fork.
i cant find any pictures of the fork best one...
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Librar....aspx?S=CL&P=7
Old 03-05-2012, 05:12 AM   #6
jhampton46
Stock

Thanks for all the suggestions. I live in southern Indiana just about 5 miles from where all the tornados hit so things have been crazy.

The situatuion with the lights, ive got a chiltons manual so I think im gunna look into it and start following wires.

With the clutch problem. Still no answer there. I did talk to my brother about it and he said there's some kind of check valve between the metal and braided lines going from the master cylinder and the slave cylinder. Any ideas there?
Old 03-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #7
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

The check valve would be in the master cylinder. If it's shot the clutch fluid lever will go up as the pedal is pressed (after a couple centimeters). Have someone watch the fluid level while you pump the pedal all the way.

I Google'd for a decent depiction about how they typically work:
http://www.4g63turbo.com/tech/eclips...djustment.html

Actually, I might be wrong about the fluid level thing... I've always just rebuilt or replaced the mast and slave under such circumstances.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clutch, headlights, transmission