Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Private Classifieds > Buy/Sell Cars

Old 11-16-2013, 04:41 AM   #1
rjSupra
3" Exhaust

rjSupra is on a distinguished road
Default 1988 Supra Turbo Targa for sale complete car, lots of extras, R154 trans! NH $1500

1988 Toyota Supra Turbo 3.0L 6 cylinder. 7M-GTE engine. Maroon Red, maroon interior. AT. RWD. TEMS. All stock. Turbo works great. Low miles for age, about 131,664 miles. TEMS - working Toyota adjustable sport suspension. No rust, no rot. Extra transmission, the R154 super strong manual transmission.

Posted a lot here on this car and the work I've done to it, and the current issue(s). I've given up trying to make this car look and run perfect, because I don't have any time for it anymore, and I don't have certain tools (to compression test, or fuel pressure test).

Was a dry west coast car most of it's life. Not run in salt. Currently, and last 3 years garaged by me. Price is now $1500.00 FIRM!

Comes with extra working donor car parts, lots of them for $1900 total, ALL parts complete for Manual 5 speed transmission swap if you want! (except I think the actual clutch plate). (If you want the car ONLY and no extra parts I' d sell the car $1500 and re-sell parts myself later - they are worth a lot).
THIS CAR IS COMPLETE.

The Good:
It runs. It drives. You could theoretically drive it home. Was Registered and passed inspection 2 years back.
No rust / rot / salt anywhere on body or underneath. You have to see her to believe her. Perfect chassis and body. I have receipts for all the following parts I installed:
-New Water Pump.
-New alternator belt
-New power steering belt.
-New thermostat.
-New 90 degree cooling line replaced older leaky one (this is a pain in the *ss job).
-New Coolant, low miles since oil change.
-New front ball joints.
-Low miles on tires, look new, Yokohama YK420 P225/50/R16 all around. Great tires, great tread, they look new. Great alloy mag wheels.
Tight targa roof
Crazy aftermarket sound system. Other owner took his amp which tied it together, but high powered CD with speaker upgrades. 6 CD changer Alpine mounted in trunk. Toss an amp in the back and hook up the rca plugs and you should be good to go.

The Bad:
Cracked red leather interior from sun out west.
Peeling clear coat on hood, a little bit of roof and upper side doors where the sun hits it hard. Not through paint layer. One small easy to fix ding in Targa panel. Small through paint spot on hood.
There is a problem with it running with low power and overheating. I had been driving her slowly around. AT Transmission strong and running correctly.

When I first got her, she drove better, and with the turbo up a few times, she flies!
Power steering leak - most likely at the rack seals.
No oil leaks, no coolant leaks. No signs of BHG in the oil at least. Two prior owners have no idea if head gasket was ever replaced / tightened. You can read my posts here and saga. In short there is something not running right with the motor in that it doesn't seem to be able to run with full power and not over heat.

Basically, this car sat most of 6 years with the previous owner (driven a few miles a month supposedly), and then sat a lot with me over the past two years. So I think the fuel filter has been plugged up with fuel that was not always brand new (ethanol sucks).

THE EXTRAS!: extra replacement parts (all from WORKING donor car, all genuine Toyota parts)
-5 speed manual transmission M/T - full manual transmission bell housing and transmission
-flywheel (for manual transmission)
-clutch pedal
-brake pedal for 5 speed
-clutch master cylinder
-ECM M/T module - these are VERY expensive and hard to find. The computer for the manual transmission. Electrical Control Module for Manual Transmission
-manual floor shifter with linkage, matching maroon leather boot shield
-spare Engine Head complete that has been machined perfectly I was told.
-Ignitor
-throttle body / intake
-Engine fusebox
-Steering wheel, steering column and ignition with working key
-Complete dashboard with gauges
-Supra black front nose grill

tons of other misc extra parts:
2nd set of tail lights
2nd set of front side lights
2nd extra front nose grill
2nd extra air box and air filter
brand new fuel filter
bolts, screws, tubes, hoses
I can't remember all the extra parts, there are multiple buckets

I don't need to sell it, but I also don't need this car anymore. I have no time at all to work with it, enjoy it. I have another daily driver that is sporty that I brought cross country, so it's just taking up space in my garage I'd rather have back.

I do have a legal VIN verification form from the NH State Police, properly executed Bill of Sale in my name that I got from previous owner. I have copy, State of NH has copy and did a VIN vehicle verification with my town police when i registered it in my name.
It's legal, not stolen, licensed, and i doubt this car was ever in an accident besides a tiny bump at front bumper - and I replaced the cracked blinker and slight downturn on nose there and re-wired the sheared horn connector. The body is super straight, no replacement panels etc...

My name is RJ. You can post here if interested or PM me! Car is located in Windham, NH 03087
I will take a picture of the engine compartment tomorrow. If any other picture requests, please make them within the next 5-6 days. I also have a posting for this on Craigslist NH. You can click through there to send an anonymous email to my personal email that way too if you don't want to PM me here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	4880  

Last edited by rjSupra; 12-31-2013 at 04:44 PM.
rjSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:03 AM   #2
rjSupra
3" Exhaust

Another picture.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	366
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	4881  
Old 11-16-2013, 05:04 AM   #3
rjSupra
3" Exhaust

And one more.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	369
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	4882  
Old 11-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #4
rjSupra
3" Exhaust

Here's a picture of the engine.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	388
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	4883  
Old 12-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #5
rjSupra
3" Exhaust

Default It has a R154 transmission extra!!

Car and extra parts Still available.
Transmission came from a working donor car. Here's a pic:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Supra R154 transmission.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	4885  

Last edited by rjSupra; 12-05-2013 at 03:13 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:02 PM   #6
rjSupra
3" Exhaust

Default Sold! Car is sold parts still avail

Just sold the car.
All the extra parts are still available for sale separately or in a large lot.
There are lots an lots of parts from a working turbo car
Old 10-01-2014, 03:18 AM   #7
Cj36grand
Stock

Cj36grand is on a distinguished road
Default How much for the transmission

Is the transmission a r154 if how much for the transmission lmk very interested
Cj36grand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:41 AM   #8
rjSupra
3" Exhaust

It IS the R154 transmisson. Its pretty badass. It IS still available. I had a buyer who saw it in person put a deposit on it and then didn't raise the rest of the money. Agreed to sell at $550.
I'd take $500 for it but not really any less.
If you need a shifter I can throw that in too.
I still have all the parts for sale, a lot for them, haven't had the time to list them or sell them or been around much.

As a forum update a really great younger guy bought the car and this summer completed a new motor swap from one of those half chopped up Japanese Supras, sprayed it black and swapped the wheels. He was very enthusiastic about getting it, he and I and got it running the same day he looked at it. He was the only person to see it in person and knew it had a lot of value.
So it lives on with a new motor.

Last edited by rjSupra; 10-01-2014 at 03:48 AM.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #9
rjSupra
3" Exhaust

Sold the transmission and shifter yesterday. All other parts listed still available.

Tags
1988, for sale, targa, toyota supra, turbo