View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 03:52 AM   #34
87hilux7mge
walbro fp

87hilux7mge is on a distinguished road

yea, the big trick with porting is use some dykem (metal dye) or a sharpie, color your surface and score your gasket faces in so you match them up well. then just go slooooow. i only spent 12 hours porting on my 7m head, but i didnt enlarge the inlet ports at all or gasket match anything, i just cleaned up the shrouds, guides and short side radius.

standard abrasives actually has a pretty good walk through on their site if i recall.

haha, believe it or not, your not the only person thats made an offer on it. i had one for 800 and one for 1200 as she sits, but i wanna keep it now that i found one for such a good deal. and yea the mazda should pay for quite a few parts i hope. like i said, if it doesnt sell, im throwing a S/C on it and swapping around mafs and injectors, tossing on a SAFC2 and seeing what happens. possibly a KLZE swap after the supercharger heh heh

ill make sure to keep you updated with the talon on my end, you do the same man. also, on the 5m i wanna know whats goin on with it!

cheers.