View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 04:39 AM   #8
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Dashpot adjustment. With the engine running have someone race the engine up to ~2500 rpm. Block the little vacuum hose coming from the can to the little filter and have the person behind the wheel let off. It should maintain an RPM of around 2200 while plugged and once released should come down with just a little resistance to keep it from snapping shut.

Other suspects are the air bypass / mixture screws on the AFM and on the throttle body... the are NOT user serviceable so naturally every dimwit f@cks with those first. Then the coolant temp sensor, A/C signal, vacuum leaks, stuck ISCV, bad AFM.

Coolant blowing out the reservoir? If not a bad radiator cap and not over heating, I've got some bad news for you. Test the coolant's pH for signs of exhaust gasses getting blown into the coolant system and check the oil for signs of condensation or thinning from fuel. Did you get the block and head resurfaced? MHG or OEM composite HG?
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote