View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 02:22 AM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfred View Post
The timing was correct prior to adjusting the TPS.Do you think that it would be running like this if it were off? I will definitely will check it though.
Don't know which part of "you cannot set the timing if you have ANY codes present" I was unclear on but you cannot set the timing if you have ANY codes present. So, if you had codes present you didn't actually set the timing... more likely put it off by 40 degrees.

Quote:
Is it common to have ohm readings much lower than spec on the TPS?
The TPS is a wear component. If it's not reading within the range specified in the TSRM then you need to ... (care to guess what I'm about to say?) ... replace it.

Quote:
Idle is at 1250 rpm's. Running on 4 cylinders. The only other thing I failed to mention is when I disconnected the TB the first time I dumped a bunch of anti-freeze on top of the motor when I disconnected a hose. Would that cause my misfiring?
Um, is this a rhetorical question? Electricity + wiring + spark plugs + water = bad stuff (in this case a short), so I'm going to have to say that there's a strong possibility they're related.

Pull the plug wires out and check how much coolant the plugs are swimming in. If it's a few table spoons then just pull the plugs and let it drop into the cylinders (there's no way you're getting it out... not even with a straw and it'll burn off in just a few seconds). If there's more than that the start pushing paper towels in there and soak up as much as possible. Dry the plugs and the plug wires very thoroughly.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote