View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 08:09 PM   #60
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SupraLEGEND] View Post
...For all intents and purposes, "racing clutch" = upgraded clutch. Brand is unknown for now but, it's JDM, obviously it's superb quality. I guess it's a lightweight single plate type, possibly carbon...
I can't begin to tell you how wrong I belive that your whole attitude is about this. They want your money and they can't even tell you what kind of clutch is in it. I can tell you 100% for sure I wouldn't send them a dime for that car unless I knew. For all you know - really! - it's just the oem clutch (or worse) and they're claiming it's a "racing clutch". How can you have so much blind faith in ... of all things ... a used car dealer???? I'm not going to call you gullible, since otherwise you come across as a very smart guy... Sorry to be blunt, but I can't help coming to that overall observation about your approach. Please consider being a bit more critical about them before you send them any of your hard-earned dollars...and repeat after me: there is no such thing as a "racing" clutch, or "racing" brake pads. These are just overly-general terms invented by a used car salesman that's either too lazy to find out what product was really used, or too slick to tell you the truth about what's really on there.
Quote:
...BTW, I know what you mean but, the '95 is not an N/A-T, it's a full on Twin Turbo i.e. 2JZ-GTE. If it were a turbocharged GE then, yes, you can call it N/A-T. Inherent differences exist between it and the actual RZ 6MT as discussed....
Let's agree to disagree about this. With the oem n/a suspension, the oem n/a transmission, and the oem n/a brake calipers (yes I know model years, Japanese-spec, etc., etc., but to me they're still n/a brakes), oem n/a differential, and the oem n/a ABS system, to me it's an na-T at best. Call me wrong if you like, and disagree if you like, but you're not going to change my mind about this. Let's let the other readers of this forum decide for themselves.
Quote:
...Yes brakes and suspension are independent of each other. Remember what I said about JDM spec Supras pre '96? They share the same brakes - TT and N/A but, the ABS system is different (independent 4 wheel braking for Turbo - such awesome technology). Actually, need to confirm that just to make sure whether it's just for JDM TT. Yeah, RZ was tested to accelerate and stop the fastest in a super car showdown by some magazine in the mid '90's so, I can only imagine what the brakes' bite feels like ...
If you think the oem TT (US-spec) brakes are cool, you should feel some real upgraded brakes like AP Racing, Brembo, or Stoptech. Oh, and brake ducts should be added too if it's going to be roadraced.
Quote:
...So, what do you think of HKS EVC 5??
The HKS EVC 5 (actually the current model is 6) is a very good boost controller - I've got no concerns about it at all, as long as it's properly installed and properly calibrated. However, I prefer the HKS EVC EZ 2 (or the just-released HKS EVC-S) for its simplicity and lower price.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 12-04-2011 at 10:30 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote