View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 10:06 AM   #59
[SupraLEGEND]
Intake

[SupraLEGEND] is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
No, the braking system and the suspension system are independent of each other. Assuming a proper alighment and corner-weighting, you'd be able to corner like mad, but not stop very well. If you're okay with that imbalanced design for roadracing, then go for it. To me, it speaks to either bad planning for the upgrades, or a project partially finished. *shrug*To me, performance is always the trump card...not looks or cool sounds. The oem bov routes the charge-air from the BOV output back into the intake system, and the Toyota engineers designed it this way for a reason. To me, you don't mess with something that works unless there's a really good reason (and warbling blow-off valve sounds to impress your friends isn't one). Just mho.Yeah, there's another one I didn't mention earlier. No such thing as a "racing clutch". It's also too general of a term. An upgraded clutch also has specific a brand and a specific model.They're complete idiots, imho. Among other things, ABS is much safer in wet conditions, and it keeps you from flat-spotting your tires in dry conditions. The only justified ABS removal is if you choose to b@st@rdize your Supra and turn it into a trailered, drag-strip-only vehicle. Driving it only 1/4 mile at a time, with a parachute to slow you down at the end, the weight savings in removing the ABS is warranted. Other than that, keep it on. For n/a-T applications, get the TT ABS on there if at all possible, since it's much more capable than the n/a ABS: Eg. The TT ABS puts more braking power on the front left tire if turning right.Of course he says that - he's trying to sell the car lol. Again, just mho. *shrug*Again, no such thing. Oh, and he's very likely wrong as well...since the oem pads are so aggressive it's tough to beat them for a street/strip application. It's a joke and (to me) false advertising to imply that n/a brakes with "racing pads" are anywhere as effective as full TT 4-piston calipers and rotors.I still say get the oem TT and not the na-T.They're completely plug and play. However, neither are made anymore, so you'll have a tough time finding them.It's a standalone.
Disagree dude, BOV whooshing is what you NEED Especially for Supra with it's superb huge turbocharged "6 barrel shooter", that sound just works! Your friends and everyone else will be impressed just by looking at it then, when they hear it, they'd be blown away. The OEM BOV is audible but, it's quite soft. Agreed, if it works well then, no need to change but, you said so yourself that ANY BOV is better than the OEM one.

For all intents and purposes, "racing clutch" = upgraded clutch. Brand is unknown for now but, it's JDM, obviously it's superb quality. I guess it's a lightweight single plate type, possibly carbon.

BTW, I know what you mean but, the '95 is not an N/A-T, it's a full on Twin Turbo i.e. 2JZ-GTE. If it were a turbocharged GE then, yes, you can call it N/A-T. Inherent differences exist between it and the actual RZ 6MT as discussed.

Yes brakes and suspension are independent of each other. Remember what I said about JDM spec Supras pre '96? They share the same brakes - TT and N/A but, the ABS system is different (independent 4 wheel braking for Turbo - such awesome technology). Actually, need to confirm that just to make sure whether it's just for JDM TT. Yeah, RZ was tested to accelerate and stop the fastest in a super car showdown by some magazine in the mid '90's so, I can only imagine what the brakes' bite feels like

Sigh dude, decisions decisions - I'm inclined to the RZ 6MT by default but, can't turn a blind eye to the RZ-S 5MT yet. I'm waiting to see which one I'm allowed to import - should make the decision easier (or harder, lol) I must have Supra RZ 6MT, NOW!!!!

Thanks for info on TRD gauges - yes, dealer confirmed that they're hard to come by now

So, what do you think of HKS EVC 5??
[SupraLEGEND] is offline   Reply With Quote